LFP Heat Exchanger Special Pricing Continue's

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I don't want to cut into Mark's thread, only answer some questions re size and horsepower etc.

The GordsFord HE is 1 inch longer and 0.4 inch deeper than the LFP unit. Our HE with fans is an additional 0.3 inches deeper. The design of the frame is such that the core frontal area exposed between the end tanks and the upper and lower frame results in a total exposed core front that is 21 % larger. Exposed core area is the most important factor in a HE or radiator.

We consider the fin count on our HE is optimal for the thickness. A higher than stock fin count works to some advantage for a thin core but with thick cores such as the all the aftermarket HE's use, more fins can be a disadvantage to airflow, particularly after a bit of use and there are some bugs and bent fins.

Re horsepower we sell the HE's on the basis of sustaining the horspower in hot conditions and repeated runs. There is no fall off of power. However ther is also power to be gained. A well recognized tuner has noted a 25 rwhp increase and 34 ft-lb greater torque by taking advantage of the lower inlet temperatures allowing a more aggressive tune. Also a local dealer recently installed a a Procharger on a customers car and it made 574rwhp. After installation of our GordsFord HE with fans they tuned the car to 635rwhp! Cooller inlet air = more horsepower!

Gord Zonailo
GordsFord Performance Engineering
www.gordsfordperformance.com
604 649 3533

redline

Established Member
i bought the lfp he. when it first came out. no problems yet. i guess only a inch longer and .40 deeper would only matter to woman . lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
i guess only a inch longer and .40 deeper would only matter to woman . lol
:lol: :lol:

Anyone have pics of the LFP HE installed? I saw Gords site for an install pic, but would like to see the LFP. I am seriously considering this for my '04.
Thanks guys, J

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
redline, great sense of humour!

Actually the 1 inch longer and 0.4 + 0.3 inch difference all adds up to a 21% difference in core frontal area. The LFP unit does provide a good uplift over the stock cooling capacity. Is the additional 21% essential? That depends on how close you are to heat soak or detonation and/or whether another 5 or 10 horsepower potential is worth a bit more. It's all a matter of do you want the best and most effective, or do you want the cheapest!

Gord

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Is there a possibility of a Gords group order or special holiday pricing planned for the future?

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
GordsFord said:
96BlackSnake, I will send you a PM and will post a specific thread. I don't think it is fair to LFP for me to post something other than some technical replies on this LFP thread.

Gord Zonailo
GordsFord Performance Engineering
www.gordsfordperformance.com
604 649 3533

And thats what makes you an excellent vendor. :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I guess the best thing to do would be to call LFP?

Mark@LFP

Banned
I hate to cut in and highjack my thread, nor do I wish to get into a pissing contest. Our frontal core exposed is 27", a heat exchanger with 1" more overall will NOT be 21% more effecient. Maybe if you put the fans on. This is added to the above equation only with a +.03. A bit hard to follow if your not paying attention.
All the high dollar tech. talk will not make it 21% more effecient. Simply put we have compatable HE's. LFP....gords. Monday I could be producing one 1" longer. You can add fans to both. LFP markets a HE as does gords. Choose and I'm sure you will be happy.
Choose LFP and spend....$299.00. Maybe less if my threads get hyjacked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread