LFP head cooling mod question

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
I was wondering do you have to remove the lower intake manifold to install the LFP direct flow cooling mod? Or can you do it with just the blower off?

Bullitt4110

Established Member
People have said you can do it with the blower on. But the more that comes off the easier it is. I did mine with the lower off when I put my Whipple in.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies, thanks bob for the link.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WDW MKR said:
When did LFP start offering a head cooling mod? Is it modeled after the LDC or Evenflow?

I believe he's speaking of the Even Flow cooling mod that LFP labels their own.

It's a great kit..:beer:

dun4791

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
When did LFP start offering a head cooling mod? Is it modeled after the LDC or Evenflow?

It is a repackaged Evenflow from Don. I believe he is selling them to LFP.

LDC did a few prototypes with the crossover tube, in order to offer a kit that could utilize the freeze plug Don uses, and still be sealed by an O ring and mounted with a bolt. But there is no way the kit could be made for the price of a machined fitting, and a Tee. Not to mention the way it looks in the engine compartment.

The LDC kit is just too labor intensive for anyone to copy and offer on thier own in order to make a profit. Steeda has tried and failed. I believe they will now look for other kits to copy.

dun4791

Established Member
AJRED99 said:
I was wondering do you have to remove the lower intake manifold to install the LFP direct flow cooling mod? Or can you do it with just the blower off?

The lower doesnt have to come out, and if you are patient the blower doesnt have to come off either. Just make sure the stainless steel fitting goes in perfectly straight and doesnt score up the aluminum head........

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Thanks everyone for the replies, I really appreicate it. Oh and yes it's just like the evenflow kit, just re-labeled I guess.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Corona-Extra said:
how big of a pain was this?

It was time consuming, mainly because the stock freezplug took forever. To be honest though I would not attemp this without the blower and lower intake manifold off the car. Just my .02

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
AJRED99 said:
It was time consuming, mainly because the stock freezplug took forever. To be honest though I would not attemp this without the blower and lower intake manifold off the car. Just my .02
Good to Know.

MustangThief

Established Member
So your saying to do it again you'd most definitely take the blower and lower off? I haven't taken a blower off before, but I'd like to next summer get a Kenne Bell and when the blower comes off, I'm definitely gonna be doing a head cooling mod.

I know this is beaten to death, but is there a preferred kit over the other? I've heard good things about both kits, I mean they were made to do the same thing right?

Users who are viewing this thread