LFP E-fan install?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
is it hard or pretty straight forward? I dont wanna pay a shop to do something if i could get it done myself.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
The instructions are really really specific, hardest thing for me was getting the stock fan off!!! all in all a pretty easy mod to do at home with basic tools!!! If you have any questions let me know!!

Good luck:)

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
DSG03LTNG said:
The instructions are really really specific, hardest thing for me was getting the stock fan off!!! all in all a pretty easy mod to do at home with basic tools!!! If you have any questions let me know!!

Good luck:)
cool, I ALWAYS do all the work on my cars, but tend to get reluctant with newer ones just due to uncertainty. but if its easy and has instructions then I'm sure I can figure it out. thanks!!

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
All you have to do is ask my friend, and ye shall recieve. Like I told you, just let us know if you have any ?'s and we'll help you out. We all didn't know crap one time too.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Do you guys think that you really gain 15 hp? So if my L has 390 will I have 405, or will I have 390 but 15 of that will go to performance instead of to the old fan?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
every truck is different, no one will be able to tell you yes, you will dyno at 405 after, but they can tell you the engine will run cooler and with less rotational mass than before. Power yields will vary but its no doubt a good healthy mod for the truck, which is one of the reasons its survived on my list thats been chopped nearly in half.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I love my electric fan. Real HP is questionable, but it is less work for the motor, so you'd think it helps. I just like how fast it comes up to temp, I like hearing it run when the truck shuts off, and with the Cobra R water pump, everything looks cleaner.

Robert Francis

Established Member
It's a pretty easy install - kit is complete - everything you need is in there. I've had mine on my 01L for 3 years and no problems. As I recall the instructions are pretty clear cut and as others noted, probably the hardest part may be getting the stock fan off. Wiring, as supplied on mine, was close in length though. I think I spent about 3 hours on it, but I was also putting the smaller water pump on too. As far as power goes - it's really hard to find much "before/after" data on it - and when you do it seems to vary a lot. I seriously doubt the 15-17hp gains often "claimed" by some vendors happens, but I dont think a 10-12hp gain is too unrealistic.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
Do you guys think that you really gain 15 hp? So if my L has 390 will I have 405, or will I have 390 but 15 of that will go to performance instead of to the old fan?
I got 3 hp. aqnd like 5 or 6 torque. Whoo hoo. But I did the mod to have more control over cooling. I crank the fan in the waiting lanes at the track :burnout:

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
Some tips that helped:
1. before routing the GREEN sensor wire: wrap the provided black plastic wire loom in ANY kind of heat-resistant material you can get (I used muffler repair tape). Insurance vs. melted wires

2. get a loaner fan clutch tool kit: makes removal of the stock fan easier. Some have used wedged screwdrivers, pipe, etc. but I chose to use THE TOOL expressly designed for this purpose..and it was free

3. watch out for the coolant bath!

Users who are viewing this thread