LFA vs GTR

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
400k vs 80k What does an extra 320k get you?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R-oi91bd4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Drag Race: 2012 Lexus LFA vs 2010 Nissan GT-R[/nomedia]

geoffc

Established Member
Wow. The LFA is pretty disappointing. But I guess there will be a bunch of people saying how you're paying for quality, pimpness, blah, blah, blah...
I think a $400K supercar should be fuggin fast! If not, I want my money back.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
fun to watch and again who cares how much it is ...Why dont we all just buy civics and fix them up ? If you can afford it , why not?

evolve

Established Member
if I put $400k in my cobra... lol. Nice cars, I didnt know the gtr trapped 120 stock.

crazycarlo

Established Member
sope ppl will defend the LFA and say itll be better on a roadcourse and blah blah...... personally i wouldnt pay that much for that car BUT its not my money and hopefully their owner is happy. Now he just needs to learn where to pick his battles and its certainly not on the dragstrip.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
has anyone ever thought...the people who have 400,000k to spend, would rather not spend it on a mustang?? or 80k GTR? Point is the LFA looks sexy, sounds sexy, im sure can hit 200mph, and drop panties at the same time with a little rev

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
The real question is if you had 400k you wanted to spend on on a car would it be a lexus or something else?

GTRdone

Established Member
If you've got 375k with your name already down for the LFA, the only other things you're probably looking at is some LP Lambos, 458 Italias, Aston Martins or Black Series. So yea, I'd definitely take this considering I know I won't see more than 2 down here in Naples... ever.

The price is more for exclusivity than anything else. The guys who buy these cars aren't the ones taking them to the track or anywhere even close. They drive them on Sunday afternoons to the Ferrari/Lambo meets and everyone oogles/drools over the LFA since it will definitely be more rare than any Italian outside of a Pagani.

Example: Two weeks before I got rid of my GT-R I was next to a silver F430 Scuderia at the light. F*cking sex on wheels.

So after about a 1/2 mile or so, I jump over a lane in traffic and catch up to him. We are in a 55mph with no traffic ahead on a bright Saturday afternoon... I roll at 50 next to him and jump on the throttle to let him know I want to play. Finally he jumps on his and I can barely even hear myself think, much less when I should be shifting...

So basically we did two 50-130 runs real quick with me only about a half car behind every time. I come up to the next light with the Scuderia next to me. The guy rolls down his window, 45 year old Italian guy with a hot blonde 30 something year old in the passenger seat, and I say
"That's a damn nice Scuderia you got there. It's too bad I couldn't even hear my car since your's is so loud..."
He says: "You don't exactly have a slow car either."
Me: "yeah, but it ain't no Scuderia."
Him: he looks over to his girlfriend and says something then looks back at me and says "It's too bad I'm a better driver than you. Otherwise it would have been a better race."

Now, little does Mr. "I bought my car from Naples Motorsports HA!" know but:

I've been through four Skip Barber Experiences, one SCCA Racing School and only about 5 trackdays thus far.... I'm a newb.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Wow. The LFA is pretty disappointing. But I guess there will be a bunch of people saying how you're paying for quality, pimpness, blah, blah, blah...
I think a $400K supercar should be fuggin fast! If not, I want my money back.

What?! The LFA is fast! 204mph top speed, 0-60 in 3.7 sec, not to mention how it handles its self around the twisties.

Catfood

Established Member
Im not impressed by that LFA. I would just go buy two 150K 2010 911 turbos one with a a cabriolet and one with a hard top and then spend 100K in mods on both of them.

GTRdone

Established Member
^but you still wouldn't have as strong of resale potential as the LFA will... only 500 produced standard. and I think 50-75 track packs.... Enzo Competitor in theory; it's just hard to beat a GT-R. No arguments there.

Users who are viewing this thread