Let's talk power adders

SlowSVT

Established Member
Yeah they suck on low revving, low compression engines. High compression, high revving engines are another story. 8.5:1 compression is not optimal for a Centri. Coyote/Voodoo are more suited and the 140mph traps with Paxton/Pro-charger kits prove that. Centris just accentuate a given motors powerband. They are the most popular option on the modern 4v engines for sure.

Centriffy blown cars can go like a mad man but not the best choice if you want a wide operating range. Lots of guys with NA cars use them because they are relatively cheap and easy to install. My understanding is the Voodoo engine is a bit soft on the bottom-end where I think a PD blower is a great choice to round out the engine. For a car wearing a license plate low and mid-range grunt is way more useful as that's where the engine will spend 99% of it's time.

Nothing like having an forced induction engine regardless what type is used compared to NA they are not even in the same realm :mj:

bdub85

Established Member
2zr2gqe.jpg

bdub85

Established Member
Run 43 - Stock
Run 40 - Stock + 93 octane tune
Run 2 - Lethal offroad pipes + 93 octane tune
Run 19 - Lethal offroad pipes + jlt cai + 93 octane tune
Run 22 - Lethal offroad pipes + jlt cai + 93 octane tune + max timing run trying to hit 500

bdub85

Established Member
Solid! Looks like Adam took care of you!

He did a fantastic job with the tune on this car. I can really feel a big difference in the low end torque which you can see on the graph. Now if only the weather will start cooperating.

sumfoo1

Established Member
Can't wait to see what happens with a not so emissions friendly set of cams.

Also i'd love to see someone make a twin turbo twin scroll kit for these since it's rare you can do twin scroll on a V8 due to the firing order.

Users who are viewing this thread