Let's Talk HandGuns

"olsson"

Established Member
Im about to apply for a licence but i dont really know what to get. I was leaning towards a Glock 17 but im not sure. since im located in sweden it will take me months, maybe a year to get the lincence so im not in hurry but what do you all recomend me to get. It has to be a 9mm

/ Anders

Mustanger

Established Member
Look up the Kahr PM9...just about the smallest & lightest 9mm gun you can find..very high quality & reliability. I like it better than the Glock.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
Glock 17 is a good reliable gun, but I like my SA-XD better. Fits my hand better and I seem to shoot more accurate with the XD, I'm getting new sights for each though.

"olsson"

Established Member
Glock 17 is a good reliable gun, but I like my SA-XD better. Fits my hand better and I seem to shoot more accurate with the XD, I'm getting new sights for each though.

I have never tried a SA, im gonna try and see if i can find anyone around so i can take a look at it, looks like a nice weapon

TexRob

Established Member
Look up the Kahr PM9...just about the smallest & lightest 9mm gun you can find..very high quality & reliability. I like it better than the Glock.
I Love my PM9,it's my everyday Carrygun,reliable,manageable Recoil,although if you can't get your hands on one in Sweden,my next choice would be the Glock,I have one in .357 Sig,it's never let me down. :rockon:

txyaloo

Established Member
Enter..............TrueBlueGT and Txyaloo...........and texrob

Hahahaha are we the SVTP gun grabbers? :banana:

I did a search on gun laws in Sweden - the process to get a pistol permit is crazy. I'm glad I live in Texas.

The thing is that here in Sweden there’s basically only one way to get a license for a handgun, and that’s a “target shooting” license. This required an active membership in a handgun shooting club, a written test, 3x a score of 46 points or more shot from 25 meters (82 feet) and 3x a passing score while shooting against a turning target from 25 meters (82 feet).

According to the link I found, you have to purchase a .22LR pistol first. Do you know if this is true?

http://rorb.blogspot.com/2006/10/swedish-handgun-licenses-how-to.html

I carry a Glock 27, and it suits my needs. Conceals easy, inexpensive, and lots of cheap parts for it. I'm assuming you can't get a permit to carry in Sweden? In that case, a subcompact doesn't make much sense.

I'd take a look at the G17, G19, Springfield XD-9, SIG-226, HK P7 and USP9.

Dusten

Established Member
olsson, it's odd you post this. I am living with a guy right now while work has me away from home. he moved to the states from sweden about 3 years ago. We were discussing gun laws in sweden because i carry stateside.

TexRob

Established Member
Just remember, gun's are an investment (and a damn fun one at that)...
That's what I keep telling my wife,Someday when I am gone,my boys will Inherit My Firearms Collection,that's why I don't buy Cheap Firearm's,I buy for the Long term.

"olsson"

Established Member
Hahahaha are we the SVTP gun grabbers? :banana:

I did a search on gun laws in Sweden - the process to get a pistol permit is crazy. I'm glad I live in Texas.

According to the link I found, you have to purchase a .22LR pistol first. Do you know if this is true?

http://rorb.blogspot.com/2006/10/swedish-handgun-licenses-how-to.html

I carry a Glock 27, and it suits my needs. Conceals easy, inexpensive, and lots of cheap parts for it. I'm assuming you can't get a permit to carry in Sweden? In that case, a subcompact doesn't make much sense.

I'd take a look at the G17, G19, Springfield XD-9, SIG-226, HK P7 and USP9.

Thats pretty much it :thumbsup: sweet huh

There are ways to speed up the procces but i dont have to vocabulary to explain all that :lol1:
And as you say we can not get a permit to carry here.
Im trying to look beyond my 22 haha. :rockon:

"olsson"

Established Member
olsson, it's odd you post this. I am living with a guy right now while work has me away from home. he moved to the states from sweden about 3 years ago. We were discussing gun laws in sweden because i carry stateside.

Then you know :(

Common

Established Member
Just remember, gun's are an investment (and a damn fun one at that)...
:lol1:
Rub it in a-hole. You know I can't do squat in Jersey. Well, not compared to Texas anyway.

I am getting my first gun soon(private), and if things go well, I might get to carry as part of the job.

Users who are viewing this thread