Lets talk grilles

chuckstang

Established Member
I am talking about the grille surround.

It appears different on each of the mustangs. Obviously the GT500 is completely unique but the V6, GT, C/S and Boss 302 all look similar but not the same. Is the only difference that on the V6, Boss and C/S it comes painted and the GT looks to be black plastic? I am curious becasue I notice that most retailers say the C/S grille will not fit the GT mustangs and the grilles for the GT's will not fit the C/S.

Some appear to have a slightly different look to them as well, like it angles in more towards the center of the car, this couldn't be true though could it, because all models share the same exact headlights, whether it be HID or standard, correct?

odd question I know, but curious if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've noticed that too, but haven't really paid much attention to it. I need to check it out a little closer I guess.

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
They all look basically the same but after close inspection I do see what you mean with the angle in the front being a bit off looking but I am sure that is just the way it looks in pictures. It would be best I guess to check it out in person on some grilles.

cobra1718

Established Member
I would call Tousley but I dont think there is any difference between a CS and a GT grill. The surround would work on either, but correct me if I am wrong. The Stack racing grill (which is what I have), the Roush grill, the saleen grill aand the Boss grill all fit why not the CS?

Senjo

Established Member
Could it have to do with the fog light location in the grille on the GT? The Boss has a similar setup with the fogs blacked out so I would assume it would work.

chuckstang

Established Member
thanks guys. I went to the dealer and they had them all.

The grille surround on the GT and C/S are different. The C/S gets the same one found on the V6 stangs. The Boss actually uses the GT surround, the only difference is it is painted.

I was shocked to find this out. Basically the GT/Boss grille surround is all one piece, but the V6 and C/S surround is actually two pieces sandwiched together with the grille in the center.

Therefore, this must be why not all grilles are interchangable like the Roush would not work on the V6 or C/S, etc...

Senjo

Established Member
I saw a new 2011 Charger today and I was impressed with the body style changes. I never cared for the previous gen.

Users who are viewing this thread