lets start a vmp tvs thread - please post here if you have one

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
You should see how close my belt is from touching, with the 2.6 and DX 100mm aux....

Hey suspension Guru,
Doesn't you fancy smancy smart phone take pics?:poke:

Here, Mr. Smancy Pants.

2.6 Upper, DX 100m Aux....

IMAG1002_zpse0b9bf1f.jpg

mustang john

Established Member
Mine is no where near touching the belt like yours is but i do only have about 2mm clearance between the lip of the blower pulley and the idler pulley. BF new style snub idler and BF 92mm idler pulley with a 3.2 upper.

Last edited:

SVT_SNK

C.C.P.D.
Established Member
I have been a long time lurker with only a few posts. However my Redfire '03 only has 48000 miles on her and she is about to get a VMP 2.3L TVS. I got the 2.8 pulley with a stock bottom end, ordered from Rick over at VMP today. I thought last year was the year of the whipple for me, but I decided to wait and not spend the money. Once I decided to never sell the cobra and turn it show, I started my search again.

I have a few questions. My intention is to have this more of a show car, so over time a lot of upgrades under the hood are coming. To that end, my original idea was to just show polish my snout on the M112 eaton and have it ported. I decided against that because I wanted more HP than the port would do.

Has anyone polished the snout on these? If so, what process was there to it? Obviously I don't want to void the warranty by pulling the snout myself, but I do want it polished. If you did it yourself or have knowledge of how it was done, I would like to know. In particular, how did you strip the paint... Chemically or mechanically?

I have a lot of time to get all of it done. The engine upgrades are going first, then once I don't have to lay over the fenders, she is getting totally repainted with the exception of pulling the engine. All molding and windows removed, etc...

I will keep a photo diary and look for a lot more info as I proceed from everyone here.

SVT_SNK

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have been a long time lurker with only a few posts. However my Redfire '03 only has 48000 miles on her and she is about to get a VMP 2.3L TVS. I got the 2.8 pulley with a stock bottom end, ordered from Rick over at VMP today. I thought last year was the year of the whipple for me, but I decided to wait and not spend the money. Once I decided to never sell the cobra and turn it show, I started my search again.

I have a few questions. My intention is to have this more of a show car, so over time a lot of upgrades under the hood are coming. To that end, my original idea was to just show polish my snout on the M112 eaton and have it ported. I decided against that because I wanted more HP than the port would do.

Has anyone polished the snout on these? If so, what process was there to it? Obviously I don't want to void the warranty by pulling the snout myself, but I do want it polished. If you did it yourself or have knowledge of how it was done, I would like to know. In particular, how did you strip the paint... Chemically or mechanically?

I have a lot of time to get all of it done. The engine upgrades are going first, then once I don't have to lay over the fenders, she is getting totally repainted with the exception of pulling the engine. All molding and windows removed, etc...

I will keep a photo diary and look for a lot more info as I proceed from everyone here.

SVT_SNK

Sounds like a great build!
Looking forward to your progress.

SVT_SNK

C.C.P.D.
Established Member
That makes two of us. Mine arrived as well along with the 80lbs injectors. Sent all my black powder coated metal under the hood off to be recolored to red to match my redfire. I am torn whether to leave the blower black or get it to match. The valve covers will also be powder coated too. Decisions, decisions.

Congrats on getting your blower as well!

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
I tried a 2.8 (swap on dyno) with no gains ....could have been exhaust and / or intake though. From what I was told a 2.8 / 4# or 3.0 / 6# is touching the max "recommended" rotor speed by Eaton. But as we all know the M112s take some rotor speed.

Any change to the torque curve?

Users who are viewing this thread