lets start a vmp tvs thread - please post here if you have one

CCM

Established Member
There is always something to add to the list. I am comparing the tvs 2.3 to whipple 2.9 so this is one of the threads that helps people like me make important power hungry decisions.

It is comments like this (and me trying to make similar comparisons) that made me decide to put together an official database for SVTP. It's an online form that each of us can fill out with information about our engines, blowers, boost levels, pulley configurations, fuel systems, etc. and then, of course, our dyno numbers. With enough submissions we will really be able to compare different setups apples to apples, find out which blowers are the most efficient, what kind of gains can be expected from common mods, and what kind of supporting mods others are running to support their power. Each submission automatically gets added to a spreadsheet that anyone here can view or download anytime to reference.

It's been finished for about 3 weeks now but I just haven't been able to really spread the word yet. Check it out, add your information, and let's see just how much more badass these TVS's are compared to the twin screws!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1020209-Official-SVTP-Performance-Stats-Database

CCM

Established Member
I almost forgot... In anticipation of my future TVS purchase I put together this boost pressure vs. pulley size chart for the blower based off of what's on the VMP website. Take it with a grain of salt... it's not 100.0% accurate, and I'm positive the upper boost levels are outside of the capabilities of the blower too -- I'm sure that someone from VMP can chime in and tell us the exact limits.

When I get mine, I'm planning on taking it to the limit. I wanna break the TVS record :coolman:

Capture.JPG

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I almost forgot... In anticipation of my future TVS purchase I put together this boost pressure vs. pulley size chart for the blower based off of what's on the VMP website. Take it with a grain of salt... it's not 100.0% accurate, and I'm positive the upper boost levels are outside of the capabilities of the blower too -- I'm sure that someone from VMP can chime in and tell us the exact limits.

When I get mine, I'm planning on taking it to the limit. I wanna break the TVS record :coolman:

View attachment 19607

Very nice chart!! Thank you!
Boost levels with vary some with atmospheric conditions and intake/exhaust set ups.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Very nice chart!! Thank you!
Boost levels with vary some with atmospheric conditions and intake/exhaust set ups.

So what are the capabilities of this blower? I'm running a 2.8 upper only @ 19lbs of boost. When I convert to E85 over the winter I plan on pushing it a lot further..

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
So what are the capabilities of this blower? I'm running a 2.8 upper only @ 19lbs of boost. When I convert to E85 over the winter I plan on pushing it a lot further..

I run a 3.0/4lb making 733/682 on E85 running 9.7s
Tims Pony makes over 750 with his.
Definite big power to be made!

For example me 2.8 upper 4 lower 20 lbs. Awesome Colorado Air.lol

I love Colorado but it is nice to have sea level air here in Florida!
To bad it is so friggin hot!!

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
You will not see a huge difference with any combination running more than 22psi with the TVS. I didn't listen and it cost me a few dyno sessions and a few hundred dollars in pulleys and belts.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'll take the opportunity to whore out my engine bay too.

2h6ahs8.jpg

15hfg5.jpg

1g0tu.jpg

You guys should really be more concerned about safety and put your belt guard back in place. ;-)

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Mine is in a box waiting on me! I'll be running a stock lower and 2.8 upper with a BAP and 60# injectors.

734e453b4630a56aa9e0ca2599d5cc42.jpg

Last edited:

KingDing

Established Member
I just ordered my VMP TVS and just waiting on it to be shipped. In there mean time i need to finish upgrading my fuel system with ID-1000 injectors. The finished product will be 3/4lb pulley combo with GT500 TB and elbow, lethal return style fuel system with dual 465 pumps and JLT HB intake with VMP3000 sensor. i plan on running Texas E85 thru it. Hoping for good numbers :rockon:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just ordered my VMP TVS and just waiting on it to be shipped. In there mean time i need to finish upgrading my fuel system with ID-1000 injectors. The finished product will be 3/4lb pulley combo with GT500 TB and elbow, lethal return style fuel system with dual 465 pumps and JLT HB intake with VMP3000 sensor. i plan on running Texas E85 thru it. Hoping for good numbers :rockon:

You will make great power with the 3.0/4lb on E85!!

cj428mach

Established Member

Texas is a big state so you maybe days away from the DFW area but if you can swing it you should talk to Kevin Dunn aka 04sleeper about your e85 tune.

Users who are viewing this thread