Let's start a FORUM for trading tunes!!!

speedtigger

Established Member
Hey Moderators,
Can we start a forum just for trading tunes????
we can talk about what tunes work best with what mods and trade. what do you think guys????

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At first I thought this thread was about trading audio tunes. I must have had a hard day. LOL!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
lol Bob I was thinking the same thing. Im like, MP3's on the Terminator forum? lol

That is a good idea though speedtigger.

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
At first I thought this thread was about trading audio tunes. I must have had a hard day. LOL!

I never considered that wild card Bob. maybe i should have been more specific!!!

Bob, since you are the shifter gasket guy, i'll consider you a shifter expert. which one should i buy?? and who makes a handle that is closer to the driver???

:beer:

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Is it possible to E-mail a tune to a friend you downloaded from the internet? Can more than one person use this tune? From what I understand a tune you download is then put into the predator and then put into your car so it is no longer available for someone else. Not sure exactly what you are suggesting.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I think it is unfare to the person that makes a living of selling tunes. If everybody used the same tune and didn't pay the creator of the tune it is pretty F-d up.

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
I think it is unfare to the person that makes a living of selling tunes. If everybody used the same tune and didn't pay the creator of the tune it is pretty F-d up.

My dad works at ford and his job security would be alot better if no one could sell thier cars when they were done with them too.

Seriously Disgussin,
Custom tuners will always have lots of work. There is a gazzillion combos out there and people will always want a custom tune. But the fact is, alot of us got stuck with screwed up tunes from diablo.

I would E-mail you my $300 Diablo tune in a heart beat(after i check it on a dyno i trust) because you should not get the hose just because i did!!!!!!

also a tune is a commodity, you buy it it's yours. do with it what you want!!!!! I don't think that anybody wants tunes to be like a microsoft product.

:beer:

Last edited:

CarrolltonCobra

Established Member
The predator owner(I'm one) is the one getting screwed, not Diablosport or the tuners. I bought a predator because all thier ads said you could adjust the speed limiter then I learn only with a custom tune. Diablosport came up with a great marketing plan, sell a hand help tuner, write OK at best tunes, then sell more equipment to "Master Tuners" that can write the tunes that should of been put in the hand helds to start with!!
I say "Let the file swaping begin".

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
The way I see it, the Diablo is a way to get tunes from the tuner to the car's computer. Chips are the same price, but with the Diablo you can at least change some things and data log. I only bought the diablo as a vehicle to transfer tunes to my car.

ALA G8R

Banned
I've got a tune for you. It's for a 2.93, er I mean 3.4. Oops wait a second that one was way lean. Or was it tuned for nitrous. Oh well, the timing was right on at 28 degrees.

What happens when someone posts a malicious file that locks up your predator and/pr EEC? Whoops.

Y'all go ahead and swap tunes. You will only be screwing yourself when you pick up a bad tune, run it in your car, and pop your motor.

BTW, I was just kidding about giving away my RWTD tune.

Oh and Moderators, how do your paying vendors feel about a tune swapping forum?

Last edited:

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
I've got a tune for you. It's for a 2.93, er I mean 3.4. Oops wait a second that one was way lean. Or was it tuned for nitrous. Oh well, the timing was right on at 28 degrees.

What happens when someone posts a malicious file that locks up your predator and/pr EEC? Whoops.

Y'all go ahead and swap tunes. You will only be screwing yourself when you pick up a bad tune, run it in your car, and pop your motor.

BTW, I was just kidding about giving away my RWTD tune.

Oh and Moderators, how do your paying vendors feel about a tune swapping forum?

Mental note: only take tunes from trusted posters.....
oh, and don't trade with really angry guys:whine:

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by CarrolltonCobra
The predator owner(I'm one) is the one getting screwed, not Diablosport or the tuners. I bought a predator because all thier ads said you could adjust the speed limiter then I learn only with a custom tune. Diablosport came up with a great marketing plan, sell a hand help tuner, write OK at best tunes, then sell more equipment to "Master Tuners" that can write the tunes that should of been put in the hand helds to start with!!
I say "Let the file swaping begin".

................................BINGO....................................... :beer:

:thumbsup:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i was told by my tuner (rwtd) that this was not possible as each tune was married to that predator and that is the reason you have to send your tuner your stock tune and he modify's it off that tune. otherwise they wouldn't need your tune out of the predator and they could just send you one they already have.

correct me if i am wrong but i don't think so maybe a tuner can chime in on this.
later
brandon

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
I'm guessing most people will have to pay a tuner for dyno time one way or the other. What do they care if it's their tune or not, the $100/hr is still what they are looking for whether they punch buttons on the Predator or you come with it preloaded.

We all know that every car reacts differently to each tune, so the way I see it is everyone will still be getting their fair share.

Let the tune swapping begin. :beer:

Oh and remeber, please practice safe tune swapping. :D

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Here is my take - the Predator's tunes SUCK! They don't tell you they suck in their ads. You buy a $400 tuner, load the tune, and get to a dyno only to find out your power levels are worse than before and your A/F sucks as well. Now, you are forced to get a custom tune from a Diablo dealer for another $125 or so - which sucks even more. Now, these tuners did spend time and money researching their tunes for specific mods, but once they have one for an aftermarket catback, aftermarket midpipe, K&N CAI, and a 2.80 pulley - they sell the same tune over and over to people with this combo, which is the majority of modders.

There will ALWAYS be people who would not trust their $35k car to just any swapped tune, the custom tuner guys will still be getting their cash. As for me, I have found most other modders are sincere and want to help you out. And how hard is it to say, "what are your mods, and have you dynoed the tune?" I would only take a tune from someone running the same mods as I am and had the tune checked with a wideband. Where is the fear in that?

Bring on the tune swapping!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Im just wondering what the pro tune swapping people do for a living and how they would feel if their livilhood was being threatened this way. You can justify your opinion anyway you wish but what is all the stink about Napster and pirating of movies,CDs etc if it is legally and morally ok?
It seems to me that putting your car in jeopardy to save a few dollars is not common sense.
whos customer service are you going to call when your cars goes down because you swapped a tune with someone who you thought was close to your mods? people who are willing to swap tunes might want to think about that too..does it make you legally responcible?
You can argue the pros and cons about this all day but I know AR, Rick and myself spend a lot of time in a day that we really dont have to support this site and make it possible for you to have tunes to swap in the first place.
as for the vendors opinion of this...I think that everyone knows what that will be..as for the forum..I don thing the site owner would want to be legally responcible for the can of worms something like that would open.
as far as the Preditor tunes sucking..they dont suck for every car...and they are only a starting point..that is why it has tweaking ablilities...I was amazed at all the capibilities that is has put in the hands of the end user...it is a good product

Users who are viewing this thread