factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
pepper gray metallic with metallic black stripes

5899545681_c5843cec3d_b.jpg

BrianP

Established Member
-_- so glad it doesnt look this custom anymore

229356_10150185920333992_529228991_7015636_7153265_n.jpg

least now shes closer to being one color hah..
183996_10150264998003992_529228991_7719331_3401956_n.jpg
my painter needs to be shot.. perfect color match my ass..

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
My painter told me it was orange with light yellow pearl,and yeah white base

I'd keep an eye on it closely with the white base. I had a car custom painted with HOK Cobalt blue using a white base and the pigment totally bled out. Car ended up white on top and blue on the sides due to the sun. Of course I am not saying that will happen to you but just an FYI. HOK would not warranty it despite their recommendations on the products. Awesome color though!

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
I'd keep an eye on it closely with the white base. I had a car custom painted with HOK Cobalt blue using a white base and the pigment totally bled out. Car ended up white on top and blue on the sides due to the sun. Of course I am not saying that will happen to you but just an FYI. HOK would not warranty it despite their recommendations on the products. Awesome color though!

Sounds like the clear was junk. That's what protects the base. If the clear doesn't have much uv protection, it fades the base

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Sounds like the clear was junk. That's what protects the base. If the clear doesn't have much uv protection, it fades the base

I would not disagree but dont think so because it had their highest quality HOK Clear, with several coats. Furthermore it was the candy paint that faded, not the base. I purchased all the paint based on HOK's recommendation. My painter was a Hot Rod Builder that only used HOK Paints and he said it was the white base because he never had that issue before. Nor had he used a white base under a dark color before. This was back in 1990 so I am sure something was done in the past 21 years. Either way it was very frustrating.

Sadly, it would not stop me from buying their paint again.

Last edited:

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
I would not disagree but dont think so because it had their highest quality HOK Clear, with several coats. Furthermore it was the candy paint that faded, not the base. I purchased all the paint based on HOK's recommendation. My painter was a Hot Rod Builder that only used HOK Paints and he said it was the white base because he never had that issue before. Nor had he used a white base under a dark color before. This was back in 1990 so I am sure something was done in the past 21 years. Either way it was very frustrating.

Sadly, it would not stop me from buying their paint again.

They make nice colors but I think that Ppg or sherwin Williams will make a more quality long lasting product. I would have used a Ppg clear over it. Hok is $$$

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Looks like Crap John. :lol:

JUST KIDDING. Its a ton better than that Blue? Was it blue or silver?

Wonder where you got all that SHO stuff :poke:

woodywagon2004

Established Member
Looks like Crap John. :lol:

JUST KIDDING. Its a ton better than that Blue? Was it blue or silver?

Wonder where you got all that SHO stuff :poke:

Thanks assh*le. :lol:

It was almost the same blue thats on the bottom of the car now. I just got tired of it being all faded and 3 different shades of same color.

What are you talking about? its a real SHO :)

Users who are viewing this thread