Let's see those Latest Purchases!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 18344081996 f150 5.0 short bed. Starter truck for my son, he wants an OBS.
Nice truck. Kiddo is already counting down until she can start driving, is this a project for you both before he gets his license or is he already driving. Im thinkin a few years of wrench time before driving will help her appreciate what she will be receiving.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Nice truck. Kiddo is already counting down until she can start driving, is this a project for you both before he gets his license or is he already driving. Im thinkin a few years of wrench time before driving will help her appreciate what she will be receiving.

He is 15 and just got his learners permit. This truck is a project for us both, so he can learn to wrench on things.

He really wanted my 96 Bronco, but this was close enough :)

He already mentioned he wants to make it into a prerunner type of build. He's making $120 a day as a ranch hand on weekends and days off, so I expect the build to progress quickly.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
You made an excellent choice for your boy.

No way in hell I'd get any of my kids a rolling hotel room in high school. They're gonna get into enough "trouble" on their own, I don't want to give them their own place to accidentally make a grandkid. And yes, I realize the truck has a "bed," and yes, been there done that. But it's not as easy as an suv which is pretty much an "anytime, any place" situation if the SUV's got tint.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

No way in hell I'd get any of my kids a rolling hotel room in high school. They're gonna get into enough "trouble" on their own, I don't want to give them their own place to accidentally make a grandkid. And yes, I realize the truck has a "bed," and yes, been there done that. But it's not as easy as an suv which is pretty much an "anytime, any place" situation if the SUV's got tint.
Yea, my plan is Regular cabs only on her shopping list.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member

That was pretty much our thinking as well. Less distractions, less room for passengers.

patc84

Established Member
contemplating these for the exp sport.

Anyone have any insight, just trying to knock down the heat soak.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
contemplating these for the exp sport.

Anyone have any insight, just trying to knock down the heat soak.

i run the cvfab on my f150, i didnt study charge air temps super hard before swapping but it does seem to help. If I remember they had some kind of sale - holiday, tax return or a forum code and like 10-15% off and no sales tax. When it arrived there was some cosmetic damage (top portion was dented in but not enough to be a problem) and that gave me another 20% off something like that).

fit/finish/quality overall are good. On my 12 that thing is HUGE

HEMIMACH 98

Established Member
20240323_092118[1].jpg
20240321_180330[1].jpg
20240323_092143[1].jpg

took time to clear the grabble from in front of my one building 20x18.
and cleared the grabble 6x40 for a slab-to-slab walkway to take the toolboxes and engine stands etc. across.
should have concrete done by Friday.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My wife said she wanted to learn the guitar so I got her a few(Acoustic and Electric) and me a few and figured we could learn together. She is taking lessons and I'm just screwing around on youtube. I played a little when I was like 15 but nothing serious. I doubt I'll seriously pick it up. I bought this cheap fake Gibson Les Paul from Chinaaaaa. Came free with one dose of Corona Virus. It took so long to get here I ordered a Jackson off Amazon. I have to say though, this fake is VERY impressive! If I ever got into it and got way better I'll buy a real one...just a waste of money if I don't put forth the effort. I work too much and have too many other hobbies to be honest. But it damn sure is purdyy front and back and sounds pretty good!
Les Paul.jpg

SGT MERC

Established Member
In 2016, I did the same thing for my son for the same reasons. Picked up an 03 F150, single cab, long bed, 4x4, from Craig's list for $2500. Had 180k miles. Did a compression test, test drove it and then bought it. Went through the whole truck, made sure it was good to go, safe and would pass PA inspection. Replaces the timing set and guides. He drove the tires off that thing till he went in the Navy.
That was pretty much our thinking as well. Less distractions, less room for passengers.

03 Mercury Marauder

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
In 2016, I did the same thing for my son for the same reasons. Picked up an 03 F150, single cab, long bed, 4x4, from Craig's list for $2500. Had 180k miles. Did a compression test, test drove it and then bought it. Went through the whole truck, made sure it was good to go, safe and would pass PA inspection. Replaces the timing set and guides. He drove the tires off that thing till he went in the Navy.

03 Mercury Marauder
Nice! What does he do in the Navy?

White95

HANO Motorsports
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, where from?

I’m glad you asked. It came from Canada! With the currency conversion, it came out to around $230 shipped. The picture is a generic from google search and I’m not certain if it does/doesn’t come with buttons/trim.

Edit: Just noticed Tasca has it on sale for $165.95. lol dammit! Looks like it would’ve been a $19 difference so I won’t lose any sleep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread