Lets see those freshly washed stangs!!!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Lol, that's great!!! As for washing the microfibers, I just use All Free/Clear detergent. But only for my nice microfibers that only touch the paint. I use the yellow Kirklands for everything else and then use them for oil changes or toss them when dirty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ok great! Someone once told me that arm and hammer laundry detergent was fine but when they came out of the dryer(I had it on cool so it didn't get hot at all) thwy weren't soft anymore so I just used them on my older car to wash. I will defiantly try that! Appreciate everything!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cain96

Established Member
IMG_0935.JPG
rr.jpg

Here are some new shots of mine, just last weekend

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Haha. I was just wanting to keep it simple. My cousin has a older black Camaro and all he has ever used is turtle wax. The cars paint looks brand new! So much shine! Right now I was between the turtle wax ice products or just going with adams. I use the ice soap and man what a shiny coat it leaves! Seems to be a good product. I just wasn't sure. What steps should I take on a newer car like this? Appreciate the help!:)
If I were to buy a new one now I would pay to have it ceramic coated by an experienced detailer. Ceramic coating is not cheap but from everything I have seen and read it is the going thing in paint protectrent. I am probably going to have my 04 mystichrome ceramic coated here soon.

Cain96

Established Member
Nice man that blower looks fantastic!! How much power are you putting down? I need boost in my life

Right now I'm sitting at 600rwhp.. give or take a few hp depending on the temp and day.... I'm seriously considering getting a full race block to go up to 1k hp... if I do, I'm going to have to get rid of my 2.3l roush blower... go up to a whipple or kenne bell... or TT... however I'm going to have to save up awhile for that... I was quoted around 30k.. for shortblock/ported heads/cams/ upgraded injectors/new blower/ misc support mods... labor..etc "yikes"

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
If I were to buy a new one now I would pay to have it ceramic coated by an experienced detailer. Ceramic coating is not cheap but from everything I have seen and read it is the going thing in paint protectrent. I am probably going to have my 04 mystichrome ceramic coated here soon.

I'm defiantly going to look into it a bit more. Thanks

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Right now I'm sitting at 600rwhp.. give or take a few hp depending on the temp and day.... I'm seriously considering getting a full race block to go up to 1k hp... if I do, I'm going to have to get rid of my 2.3l roush blower... go up to a whipple or kenne bell... or TT... however I'm going to have to save up awhile for that... I was quoted around 30k.. for shortblock/ported heads/cams/ upgraded injectors/new blower/ misc support mods... labor..etc "yikes"

Nice man! That is a ton of money thoo!!! Man these coyotes are expensive

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Just curious why you soaped the entire car before rinsing. (I like the hood and wheels.)
I foam it before washing, let it sit for a few minutes. It helps to lift and capture dirt. Also to lube the surface as much as possible. Trying to prevent more scratches.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread