Lets see those freshly washed stangs!!!

GB2011GT

Established Member
Wow man that's slot of products haha. I haven't ever done anything to the cars other than a wash. I honestly don't know what to use and I don't want to screw it up. I want to do paint correction, wax and a nice coating on my 17. It doesn't need it by any means but I just wanted to do it now so it isn't harder later. I was looking at Adams. I'm using turtle wax right now and have been since I can remember lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
My OCD kicked in and it got ugly really fast once I found some detailing sites...lol If you keep it simple, you can stay out of trouble and do it on the cheap. Check out Meguires Detailers line, very good quality products, inexpensive and they go a long way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Adam's makes some killer stuff. Right now, I only use the his waterless wash for the Roush, (as that doesn't get dirty because it never sees wet pavement or rain).
The Adam's single and double ply microfiber towels are amazing as well. I swear by those. Probably the softest and nicest ones out there, in my opinion.
I use Zaino on the Roush. The Z2 polish, followed up with a nice detail of Z8. Killer shine!
The truck has the Cquartz Finest applied to it so washing and maintenance is super easy and the it always looks bright and shiny, even when a little dirty. (The truck is a Bright White color.)

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
My OCD kicked in and it got ugly really fast once I found some detailing sites...lol If you keep it simple, you can stay out of trouble and do it on the cheap. Check out Meguires Detailers line, very good quality products, inexpensive and they go a long way.

Checkout "obsessed garage" on YouTube. You think you have ocd. I could watch his videos all day. I started with his GT350 videos.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Haha. I was just wanting to keep it simple. My cousin has a older black Camaro and all he has ever used is turtle wax. The cars paint looks brand new! So much shine! Right now I was between the turtle wax ice products or just going with adams. I use the ice soap and man what a shiny coat it leaves! Seems to be a good product. I just wasn't sure. What steps should I take on a newer car like this? Appreciate the help!:)

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Adam's makes some killer stuff. Right now, I only use the his waterless wash for the Roush, (as that doesn't get dirty because it never sees wet pavement or rain).
The Adam's single and double ply microfiber towels are amazing as well. I swear by those. Probably the softest and nicest ones out there, in my opinion.
I use Zaino on the Roush. The Z2 polish, followed up with a nice detail of Z8. Killer shine!
The truck has the Cquartz Finest applied to it so washing and maintenance is super easy and the it always looks bright and shiny, even when a little dirty. (The truck is a Bright White color.)

Awesome brother! Appreciate the feedback! I was wanting to get my 17 ceramic coated, but they wanted $1,500 to do it and I honestly couldn't see doing that. That's why I was just wanting to learn how to do some stuff myself.:)

GB2011GT

Established Member
Haha. I was just wanting to keep it simple. My cousin has a older black Camaro and all he has ever used is turtle wax. The cars paint looks brand new! So much shine! Right now I was between the turtle wax ice products or just going with adams. I use the ice soap and man what a shiny coat it leaves! Seems to be a good product. I just wasn't sure. What steps should I take on a newer car like this? Appreciate the help!:)

If you're checking out Adam's, their Essentials Detail Kit is a good value with a lot of excellent products. If you go that route, I'd still pick up another two buckets from Home Depot with grit guards in each. I use 3 buckets to wash, one dedicated to wheels/tires/wheelwells, one with car soap and one with clean water for rinsing my wash mitt. Whatever you end up using, it's all about good habits washing and most importantly drying your car.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
If you're checking out Adam's, their Essentials Detail Kit is a good value with a lot of excellent products. If you go that route, I'd still pick up another two buckets from Home Depot with grit guards in each. I use 3 buckets to wash, one dedicated to wheels/tires/wheelwells, one with car soap and one with clean water for rinsing my wash mitt. Whatever you end up using, it's all about good habits washing and most importantly drying your car.

Sounds great! That's what I will look into! When I dry them I use a backpack blower so nothing touches the car! That seems to do a very good job:)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome brother! Appreciate the feedback! I was wanting to get my 17 ceramic coated, but they wanted $1,500 to do it and I honestly couldn't see doing that. That's why I was just wanting to learn how to do some stuff myself.:)
Not a problem.
It is very expensive, but so worth it man. They do the paint correction, get the oils out of the paint, get the iron particles out of the paint, make it perfect, and apply the Cquartz Finest.
Cquartz Finest is the one of the best, if not the best in ceramic coatings. (It can only be applied by certified and approved detail shops.) I had to drive an hour away, one way, to have it done. The total cost for me was $950. A lot of money, but when I wash the truck and use the RELOAD on it after every other wash, it looks stupid. LOL Stupid awesome and bright/glossy. :D
Good luck man.

GB2011GT

Established Member
Sounds great! That's what I will look into! When I dry them I use a backpack blower so nothing touches the car! That seems to do a very good job:)
Lol, and I thought I was the only psyco drying mine with a leaf blower! Check out The Rag Company too. Bought my microfibers from them, great quality and a lot cheaper.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Not a problem.
It is very expensive, but so worth it man. They do the paint correction, get the oils out of the paint, get the iron particles out of the paint, make it perfect, and apply the Cquartz Finest.
Cquartz Finest is the one of the best, if not the best in ceramic coatings. (It can only be applied by certified and approved detail shops.) I had to drive an hour away, one way, to have it done. The total cost for me was $950. A lot of money, but when I wash the truck and use the RELOAD on it after every other wash, it looks stupid. LOL Stupid awesome and bright/glossy. :D
Good luck man.

Sounds great bro! I will defiantly do some more research on it! The quote I got was for the guy coming to my house and it was for a lifetime ceramic coat plus the paint correction and all the other stuff involved. Man I wanna see ur truck now haha!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds great bro! I will defiantly do some more research on it! The quote I got was for the guy coming to my house and it was for a lifetime ceramic coat plus the paint correction and all the other stuff involved. Man I wanna see ur truck now haha!
For a lifetime ceramic coating, that's a great price.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Lol, and I thought I was the only psyco drying mine with a leaf blower! Check out The Rag Company too. Bought my microfibers from them, great quality and a lot cheaper.

No sir I'm the psyco out at 8 at night drying my car off with a blower lmao. Idk what the cars passing by think lmfao. I will defiantly check out those microfibers. How do you guys clean them? Tbh I have only been using them for one use then throwing them away. They aren't super expensive but still.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man I wanna see ur truck now haha!
Taken last year at the gym parking lot.
(I don't like having people park near me. LOL :D)
140546.gif

140634.gif

Just got my WeatherTech floorliners and Flowmaster Outlaw muffler (direct replacement muffler) on Friday. It was like Christmas when I came home from work.
\m/

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill have to get some more info on it then :). What is the keep up with ceramic coating?
I'm not sure on the other coatings, but with Cquartz,.......you use a product called RELOAD.
It's really simple to use. Use like a detail spray on the vehicle after every other wash and it helps prolong the life of the coating.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Taken last year at the gym parking lot.
(I don't like having people park near me. LOL :D)
140546.gif

140634.gif

Just got my WeatherTech floorliners and Flowmaster Outlaw muffler (direct replacement muffler) on Friday. It was like Christmas when I came home from work.
\m/

You're right bro that thing really shines lol. Looks great brother! I know exactly whatcha mean when you see that package right when you get home. I cheese from ear to ear

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I'm not sure on the other coatings, but with Cquartz,.......you use a product called RELOAD.
It's really simple to use. Use like a detail spray on the vehicle after every other wash and it helps prolong the life of the coating.

Gotcha that's not terrible. I'll have to look into it some moreappreciate all the help!!!

GB2011GT

Established Member
No sir I'm the psyco out at 8 at night drying my car off with a blower lmao. Idk what the cars passing by think lmfao. I will defiantly check out those microfibers. How do you guys clean them? Tbh I have only been using them for one use then throwing them away. They aren't super expensive but still.
Lol, that's great!!! As for washing the microfibers, I just use All Free/Clear detergent. But only for my nice microfibers that only touch the paint. I use the yellow Kirklands for everything else and then use them for oil changes or toss them when dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread