Established Member
Just a little blue
6b26f04820c95db87c0872408a9634e0.jpg
8d54200d1f8c439abbccb851bc3f01a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nice 2v man!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Man it totally transformed the car! It's a whole different beast now. Didn't have a torque loss, but we did have issues with rhe bama tune but swapped to kind and they got us squared away. I'm not sure I would do it as the first mod tho. I would do longtubes or even a o/r mid pipe.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Man it totally transformed the car! It's a whole different beast now. Didn't have a torque loss, but we did have issues with rhe bama tune but swapped to kind and they got us squared away. I'm not sure I would do it as the first mod tho. I would do longtubes or even a o/r mid pipe.

I can't mess with my exhaust anymore. I'm bumming the people in my community out. It's all stock roush an with resonator delete. Had an older guy stop me the other day saying my car is too loud. Bought the car with the roush ab's. Was maybe thinking headers, but idk now.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Haha man. Yea we used to run the same setup. It was loud for sure haha. We ran roush axlebacks with longtubes and man lemme tell ya it was loud lol. Gt500s sound like something you would want. Loud when you want them to be! I gotta say the Magnaflow comp catback sounds deeper than the gt500s and all around better IMO. Doesn't drone either.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Smurfzilla

Established Member
Love the grabber!! I've been thinking about getting the graphite gt350 wheels instead of gloss black. Thoughts? Here is a side pic of the car. View attachment 90746

The few Grabbers around town that are modded tend to have the blacked out theme. Black wheels, black tint, black 5.0 badges etc. My car came stock with those hideous 18" flattened bullitt wheels. The silver was way too light so I picked a budget wheel with a colour in the middle. I like the charcoal with the GB. If the car was blacked out, the wheels could possibly look too light. I will be getting a big little Weld RTS set up shortly for the track. Gorgeous wheel for the s197.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
The few Grabbers around town that are modded tend to have the blacked out theme. Black wheels, black tint, black 5.0 badges etc. My car came stock with those hideous 18" flattened bullitt wheels. The silver was way too light so I picked a budget wheel with a colour in the middle. I like the charcoal with the GB. If the car was blacked out, the wheels could possibly look too light. I will be getting a big little Weld RTS set up shortly for the track. Gorgeous wheel for the s197.

I was thinking the same thing. A lot of guys do gloss black. It looks sick but the graphite would be different. Yea the welds look hot man! Not a lot of mustangs out here I see and finally met @healthforhazzard and the welds looked absolutely stunning! First time seeing them in the s197 in person lol

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Got a nice fresh rain wash. And have decided replacing my shifter bracket. Since its been very humid in FL. I'm having a hard time getting into 3rd. All other gears no prob, guess this is pretty common with this transmission setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 137

ricardoa1

Established Member
Got a nice fresh rain wash. And have decided replacing my shifter bracket. Since its been very humid in FL. I'm having a hard time getting into 3rd. All other gears no prob, guess this is pretty common with this transmission setup.
Usually these trans shift great when warm. But not when cold, I got a ball for my shifter and made me feel more confident on my shifts.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

Always love that color/wheel combo bro! Nice car! That stinks about the trans tho. Hopefully that fixes ur issue!:)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice car!
Yeah,.....the 3rd gear shift can be a tricky one sometimes. I bough the MGW shifter along with a GHIG Roush shiftball like 2 years ago and they're still sitting ion the garage all packaged up. lol As mentioned above, it does shift better as it/transmission fluid warms up.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Thanks guys, I think it may be more user error more than anything. It usually only does that if I'm accelerating pretty quick in 2nd and try to shift over 4.5k rpm. I did read that the stock shift bracket with the rubber zipties to the metal bracket was a big culprit to this though. I may get a tranny fluid flush soon, and put in RP's tranny fluid.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Thanks guys, I think it may be more user error more than anything. It usually only does that if I'm accelerating pretty quick in 2nd and try to shift over 4.5k rpm. I did read that the stock shift bracket with the rubber zipties to the metal bracket was a big culprit to this though. I may get a tranny fluid flush soon, and put in RP's tranny fluid.

I believe Ben Calimer has a special combo of fluid that betters the mt-82. Are you familiar with him?

Users who are viewing this thread