Lets see some timeslips from the turbo crowd!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I've been seeing some impressive dyno #'s from turbo's on this site, let's see some timeslips. Especially from the average Joe's... What's a stock shortblock 700whp turbo set up run in the 1/4? What about stick shift turbo cars?

FatherFord, have you made it to the track yet with either of your cars? Wakebum?? I know Sai, Bud, & JUIC3D have all laid down some huge #'s...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well,

--The EDP cars dont rev past 6k and immediately shit the bed at said RPM.
--People who bought On3 kits have been installing them for the last 2 years and/or are chasing down exhaust leaks because the kit doesnt fit.
--No one can afford CPR or JPC and if they some how win the lotto and are able to afford them, then they cannot afford the install or race gas to actually run them.
--Hellion and Armegeddon cars cant seem to keep $3500 worth of turbos alive long enough to make a full pass.

So there you go. :lol:

evil281

Established Member
Well,

--People who bought On3 kits have been installing them for the last 2 years and/or are chasing down exhaust leaks because the kit doesnt fit.
--No one can afford CPR or JPC and if they some how win the lotto and are able to afford them, then they cannot afford the install or race gas to actually run them.
--Hellion and Armegeddon cars cant seem to keep $3500 worth of turbos alive long enough to make a full pass.

This is why I went VMP

Tx5.0

Established Member
Well,

That was pretty funny though.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
64321597.jpg

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Well,

So yea, you pay for quality and something that works right off that bat or you can save money and have issues. Just remember the triangle.... cheap, fast, reliable... pick two.

2011roush

Established Member
I went with the on 3 kit, jackal fuel system, id 1000 injectors. The car is my wife's she drives on nice days and we cruise around on my days off. It's a m6 car with 3.73-rear gear. The kit did require some modifications but nothing I would say would be a deal breaker if I was to do it again. I did have a issue with my fuel pump but got it warrantied out and it seems ok for now.

Car made 540 on 6 pounds and 661 on 9# it's a very conservative tune as we aren't trying to break any records. The car drives great and we took the girls to school the first day in it. We have put about 1,000 miles since the build and it runs fantastic and exceeds my expectatIons as far as power delivery, reliability, and drivability.

My credit union has a 2012 gt auto on their repo lot for 19k I'm considering buying it and slapping a blower on it then if have the best of both worlds.

Doug1227

Established Member
I'll be getting some new 1/4 mile times this weekend, but so far I've only made (3) 1/8th mile passes on my new setup.

One was on 6psi and it went 7.2@103 if I recall.

On 10#'s it went:
1.56 60'
[email protected]

On 15#'s it went:
1.71 60'
[email protected]

I screwed up the launch and had to pedal mid track as the power was coming on hard. I think it'l have a 5.xx@120 one a clean pass. All runs were made on the footbrake and the 2-step at 2800 rpm.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I've been seeing some impressive dyno #'s from turbo's on this site, let's see some timeslips. Especially from the average Joe's... What's a stock shortblock 700whp turbo set up run in the 1/4? What about stick shift turbo cars?

FatherFord, have you made it to the track yet with either of your cars? Wakebum?? I know Sai, Bud, & JUIC3D have all laid down some huge #'s...

The original request has been lost. One guy so far, otherwise wisecracks and racecars. I'm not hating, just stating facts.

I am interested too. I like to see how different combos run. We're all on the same team in the end.

JTS_7

Established Member
VMP guys wanting to know what turbos guys are running :poke:

Juic3d is a "regular joe" self tuned/wrenched went mid 8s with a Hellion kit stock motor.

My half bred Chinese/ American junk went 9s on 10 lbs, slightly faster on 12lbs, Stock mt82 and stock motor w/suspension and Hoosier QTP/ MT Pro tire.

Users who are viewing this thread