Lets see some of those aftermarket fuel cell/pump/hat pics!

Do you like the looks of visible fuel systems?

• Yes, I think it looks nice

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Yes, As long as the colors go well with your cars paint color

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • For a track car yes, street car no

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No I think it looks stupid

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Thanks for all the info yall!

The shop I got my car at (gearheads in arlington,Tx) has got me pretty convinced in a a "stealth" look return style fuel system. Majority of the parts will be fore or division x.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
so is having to open your trunk to fill up your car :D

I'm not going to lie, if I saw someone doing that from a side profile I would be like WTF is that guy doing!

On a side note I assume that could help with traction from a stop quite a bit if you had other suspension mods?

Helomech74

Established Member
Mines not installed yet, but I prefer the look of sumped and/or aftermarket tanks. Here's some pics of my stuff:

P1010025.gif

DSC00390.gif

DSC00388.gif

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I'm not going to lie, if I saw someone doing that from a side profile I would be like WTF is that guy doing!

On a side note I assume that could help with traction from a stop quite a bit if you had other suspension mods?

lol its even more funny now that i shaved my gas door. Pretty comical with the look on peoples faces when they try to find it :lol1:

As for traction yea it helps a lot. :)

61mmstang94

Established Member
Here's a few more pics of Glenn's Performance setups. My previous pics showed the "Sleeper Tank". Here's some exposed stuff for the guys who want everybody to know what fuel pump they're running for whatever reason tanks fit right into factory location, not a single modification needed. They have them from fox bodies up to new edge.:

new_gpp_006.gif

img_0342.jpg

new_gpp_010.gif

Last edited:

2004Droptop

Established Member
Here's a few more pics of Glenn's Performance setups. My previous pics showed the "Sleeper Tank". Here's some exposed stuff for the guys who want everybody to know what fuel pump they're running for whatever reason tanks fit right into factory location, not a single modification needed. They have them from fox bodies up to new edge.:

new_gpp_006.gif

img_0342.jpg

new_gpp_010.gif

Thats a nice ass garage!:rockon:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I love the Gleen's sleeper tanks and what I plan to order.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I love the Gleen's sleeper tanks and what I plan to order.

Get the tank cover. By the time you buy it and paint it you're going to spend a few hundred dollars, but it's worth it with how insanely clean the back of the car is after you get it on.

I'm not one for "underneath" mods, but I loved it on mine when I had it.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
You have an aftermarket gas gauge? I couldn't wire up a 0-90 to work in the stock cluster?

I have all aftermarket gauges, i got rid of my gauge cluster. The mustang sending unit i believe is 15ohms empty and 160 full. from what i saw they didnt make a cell that had that ohmage, so i went with a GM sending unit of 0-90 and got a GM gauge. Works great :beer:

Helomech74

Established Member
There is a sending unit that works with the stock gauges, I have one in my BBRC tank. Unless of course the sending unit ohm rating is different from the 96-98 and 99-04 cars. Mine is a 98 and the sending unit in the tank works just fine with my stock fuel gauge.

AintShePurty

Established Member
call me a noob, but what exactly are the benefits of having a fuel system such as these? Obviously a stock car with an exhaust and or intake probably wouldnt need this, but can somebody school me on this? I've always liked the look of these set-ups, hidden or not, but i've never understood the exact need. Are there any particular requirements?

61mmstang94

Established Member
call me a noob, but what exactly are the benefits of having a fuel system such as these? Obviously a stock car with an exhaust and or intake probably wouldnt need this, but can somebody school me on this? I've always liked the look of these set-ups, hidden or not, but i've never understood the exact need. Are there any particular requirements?

Stock fuel lines can only handle a certain amount of power. From there you can increase size as needed and then you go with bigger fuel pump(s) to feed these lines as well as bigger fuel rails. The aftermarket sumps and tanks help accommodate the new pumps/lines.

Depends on horsepower, what car you have, and if it's forced induction or not to determine what size pumps and lines you should use.

Last edited:

MGC

Established Member
There is a sending unit that works with the stock gauges, I have one in my BBRC tank. Unless of course the sending unit ohm rating is different from the 96-98 and 99-04 cars. Mine is a 98 and the sending unit in the tank works just fine with my stock fuel gauge.

That would be awesome, from what I can find it's same between the body styles, so could I just use a motorcraft sending unit?

95riosnake

Established Member
There's an option missing in the poll, I would vote "Yes, as long as the car makes enough power to demand such a fuel system"

That said, on a serious car, seeing a sumped tank and pumps has always been cool in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread