Lets see some of those aftermarket fuel cell/pump/hat pics!

Do you like the looks of visible fuel systems?

• Yes, I think it looks nice

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Yes, As long as the colors go well with your cars paint color

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • For a track car yes, street car no

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No I think it looks stupid

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03cobrarocks

Established Member
So I am going e85 on my cobra and just decided I am going to do a full fuel system instead of the usual 2 gt pumps and 80s that most people use for my combo.

I still have not decided if I want any of the fuel system to be visible, I use to think it looked kind of stupid but the look of the fuel system parts is starting to grow on me. I also like how anyone that knows about cars will know your car means business when they see it :banana:

What do you guys think? Make it visible or "hide" it. My car is cammed so its not like I could pass for stock anyways.

Post pics if you got them of 03/04s with fuel systems visible from the rear

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
rewire3.jpg

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
Looks better hidden IMO. I can grab pics of my buddy's blown 98 GT later in the week for you. Looks nice tucked up between the tank and rear bumper

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Yea im kind of on the fence... Sorry for the noobness havent really ever looked into fuel stuff but when you see stuff hanging down is that usually the fuel filter or part of the hat?

richord06

Established Member
This is my GT.

Return style system.

Aeromotive a-1000
pre filter
post filter
-8 feed
-6 return
aeromotive rails
aeromotive regulator

8f86f3d4.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Any time I see a car with a sumped tank and AN lines I know that it's a serious player.:burnout:

Unless it's a Honda.:fart:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I guess I'll be the one to say I don't care for the look. It looks way too vulnerable to getting damaged or tampered with.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I think a visible sump and pumps/filters looks dumb.

Go with a Glenns Performance sleeper tank and hide the ugly pumps and filters.

I had a full kit from him before. It's pricey, but it comes with every last piece you'll need from tank to rails. All fittings, all lines, pump, filters, regulator, etc. and it worked great.

You can also purchase the sleper tank by itself if you want to do the rest yourself. But when you add up every dime you won't save a fortune over just buying their kit.

They have kits from $1,000-2,300 that can do anything from 600-1,700hp. Great company to deal with and their tanks are nice with baffles built into them to prevent going dry with a low tank. Dumping the stock tank doesnt compare IMO.

GP Mustang 15.4 Gal. Sleeper Tank (1998-2004) Glenn's Performance

IMG_0011%20(Small)_2.JPG

customer_fuel_pump_setup_1.gif

They also have some tank dress-up stuff if you're worried about what the underside of your car looks like. Much better than stock cover with ugly pumps exposed. I'd rather hide the pumps up front and have a nice cover. You can paint whatever color and it has nice polished straps.

customer_car_jim_smith_1.jpg

Last edited:

MGC

Established Member
I have a stupid ? for guys with a fuel cell, I want my gas gauge to work with my 15 gallon fuel cell, what sender do I need to make it work?

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I have a stupid ? for guys with a fuel cell, I want my gas gauge to work with my 15 gallon fuel cell, what sender do I need to make it work?

they dont make one for our cars. I use aftermarket gauges anyway so i went with a GM 0-90. works perfectly :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread