Lets See All The Sho's

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Here is my DD 99 SHO. I love this car. Thinking of getting another one.
DSCN1503.gif

DSCN1506.gif

DSCN1505.gif

DSCN1507.gif

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Welded baby, Welded! The same thing happens on the 4.6, just not as often, but it has more than you would think, given the production numbers and all. 96 to 99 V8 SHO something like 19,500 with around 700 confirmed failures to who knows how many 4.6's produced by now.
But yeah Ford knows it was a design problem. I mean even one of their test mule SHO's had welded cams on it.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
yes i had the cams welded on my 97 silver frost sho at 180,000 miles and i gave it to my daughter with 237,000 miles on it...it got rearended sitting at a traffic light and got totaled R.I.P WITH 268,000 MILES AND NEVER USED OIL..not too many cars will ever see the milage that this car put out..god knows how long it would of went :thumbsup:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
Oldnavyt said:
Welded baby, Welded! The same thing happens on the 4.6, just not as often, but it has more than you would think, given the production numbers and all. 96 to 99 V8 SHO something like 19,500 with around 700 confirmed failures to who knows how many 4.6's produced by now.
But yeah Ford knows it was a design problem. I mean even one of their test mule SHO's had welded cams on it.

nice lookin sho.. i guess some people just don't know till they drive one that car u have has the best seats ever put in a car known to man i drove this same car all over this country and only had a few tranny issues with it..too bad they stopped building them in 99 ford could not sell enough of them to continue production they were very expensive.. around $ 30-32,000 new..ill never forget mine :beer: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Yeah, I traded my 95 Cobra for a new 96 SHO, kept it for 3 years then traded it for my 97 Cobra. I missed it after a couple of months. In November I Sold the 97 Cobra and drove 400 miles to get this 99 SHO with 46,00 on it. I have been driving a stick since 82 and got tired of it, twice. I agree about the seats. I bought some spares off of ebay with the intent to turn one into my desk chair. We will see.
I would love to see one of these with a turbo, given the amazing deep breathing of this car. There is a guy flow testing it now, says it can definately inhale. Thats why I would like to pick up another one, and save this garage queen I got.

Oldnavyt

Established Member
svt cobra brett said:
yes i had the cams welded on my 97 silver frost sho at 180,000 miles and i gave it to my daughter with 237,000 miles on it...it got rearended sitting at a traffic light and got totaled R.I.P WITH 268,000 MILES AND NEVER USED OIL..not too many cars will ever see the milage that this car put out..god knows how long it would of went :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that. They do live up to that five star rating though. And holy cow on that milage. they say once you weld the cams they are pretty much bullet proof.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
yea she took it real hard and pushed her into another car in front of her ..hard enough to knock the fuse panel cover off with her knee..but ill tell u what you can still open the trunk and all 4 doors...both rear quarter panels buckled at the pillers.. the insurance company gave us 3,800 for the car and she walked away with only a a scratch on her knee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread