Lets play a game...Guess the Gears!

backwoods

Established Member
alright i toasted a pcm on my car a couple weeks ago ive been retuning my car using ford IDS my door tags reads SE or 3.27 limited slip that is not right when going 70 mph the speedo reads 84-5 to make my guessing game easier so i dont have to continue to reprogram my pcm until i get it right lol maybe state your ratio and rpms ats certain speeds and ill try and match it
thanks guys

Venomous94Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like you may have 4.10's I have 4.30's, in 4th gear at 60mph im sitting at about 3300-3400 rpms with t45 transmission

alright i toasted a pcm on my car a couple weeks ago ive been retuning my car using ford IDS my door tags reads SE or 3.27 limited slip that is not right when going 70 mph the speedo reads 84-5 to make my guessing game easier so i dont have to continue to reprogram my pcm until i get it right lol maybe state your ratio and rpms ats certain speeds and ill try and match it
thanks guys

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Looks like you are probably either 3.90 or 4.10

(85/70)*3.27=3.97

Since 4.10 is much more common than 3.90, I'd go with that

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Why guess? Jack the rear end of the car up, mark the driveshaft back by the pumpkin, turn the rear wheel one rotation and count the driveshaft revolutions.

Slightly less than 4 revolutions, 3.90s, slightly more than 4 = 4.10s.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Why guess? Jack the rear end of the car up, mark the driveshaft back by the pumpkin, turn the rear wheel one rotation and count the driveshaft revolutions.

:banana::rockon:

backwoods

Established Member

you know i didnt think of that

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
you can put your info in this calculator until you get a chance to jack up your car and verify....worked perfectly for me...

Gear Ratio Calc

:burnout:

backwoods

Established Member
Cars pissing me off it wont accept the recalibration throilugh the IDS

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

4valved

Banned
That's because the IDs can't program any strategic codes older then 2005 anymore without consent from ford

backwoods

Established Member
That's because the IDs can't program any strategic codes older then 2005 anymore without consent from ford

Where do you get that info just curious and I work at a ford shop so how would I go about getting consent?

4valved

Banned
As do i you need to email ford give them the vin number and a reason to why your doing what your doing and they will let you open it up.

On the ids does it let you do any strategy reprogramming for your vehicle?

The process takes a few weeks.

backwoods

Established Member
As do i you need to email ford give them the vin number and a reason to why your doing what your doing and they will let you open it up.

On the ids does it let you do any strategy reprogramming for your vehicle?

The process takes a few weeks.

It did when I rewrote the new PCM but it allows me to input the wanted specs states it rewrites and checks then continues to read out at original inputed gear ratio (off aproximatly +15 Mph at 70 mph)

backwoods

Established Member
I'm going to try a complete rewrite andhope itwirks if not ill just have to wait till I get my tuner repaired

Users who are viewing this thread