Lets Plan My Build

usafimj

Established Member
So I'm not sure which way I want to go. Eaton or 13-14 Trinity. I'd like to stay within the stock limits. Since I'm stationed in Germany I don't drag race often but I do get a lot of runs on the autobahn and go to the Nurburgring every now and then. I think I'll be happy with around 600-650 HP/TQ. My dilemma is do I continue with my current plan below or get a 13-14 Trinity. If I spend the money to port the stock eaton that could be money spent on a trinity.

BJ did mention that if I do upgrade to a Trinity then the Steeda CAI won't be able to support the ATI 10% lower and FRPP SCJ TB so he recommended a PMAS 120 or JLT 123.

Current
2008 GT500
Steeda CAI
Steeda 2.65" Pulley
Kooks LT's
170* T-Stat
NGK TR7 Plugs
VMP Tune

Awaiting Install: VMP Triple Pass H/E & 3x Res, ATI 10% Lower, FRPP SCJ Monoblade TB, 13-14 56# Injectors, VMP 90mm idler

Need to Order: VMP Dual BAP

Future Like Christmas Time
13-14 Trinity w/ Stock or VMP 2.5 Pulley
13-14 56# Injectors or ID1050X
VMP Dual BAP???
PMAS 120 or JLT 123
Stock TB, Keep FRPP SCJ TB, or Sell FRPP SCJ TB to buy VMP 67mm
Keep or Sell ATI 10%
VMP Tune

Thanks,
Israel

RBB

Established Member
Just go with the Trinity and sell your M122 to offset the additional cost. Porting the stocker just isn't worth what little you gain.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
This is how I see it. If you get the the TVS then you can hit your goal easy, and on the off chance that you want more power you'll only need a pulley and a tune.
If you stick with the Eaton, you'll need to spend more money if you ever decide to go with more power.

Believe me you'll want more power.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Spinning the crap out of the M-122 to make boost that a TVS can do at lower operating rpm will generate a lot of heat. Lowers are not cheap and are not needed with the TVS. That's part of your savings right there.

pridemore54

Established Member
Keep in mind that spinning the piss out of that M122 will heatsoak it quicker than you can say "I wish I bought the TVS." I absolutely love my TVS and scrapped all future plans I had before buying the car about replacing it with a whipple. I cant wait to get the 2.5 pulley and some E85.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
As someone who cant afford a TVS quite yet, im home porting my M122. While its not a band aid per say, ive got a triple pass heat exchanger with dual fand and ive upgraded (need to install) a 13-14 IC pump to increase cooling capacity.

Porting should help discharge temps a little, but the pump should help more. Not as thermally efficient as a TVS, but its not a death sentence like on a stock 07-12 IC system.

Users who are viewing this thread