Lets mod this stocker!

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
sambandit said:
Come up with where you want to be HP wise, or a budget you have to spend, then give me a PM or call. I'd be glad to help you out!
Sambandit, I'm looking to do some upgrades I was thinking of just upper pulley and tune...can you help? I see your in Colorado. Warranty is finally up so why not mod :-D

Unistang

Established Member
Quick Strike said:
I think my 4# lower is great with my 2.8" upper, but again all of the accompanying mods have been done to support it (intake, heat exchanger, cooling mod, free flowing exhaust, SC/TB/plenum porting, MAF, BAP, 60# injectors, street tuned X-calibrator and four piece idler set).

How was the install on that cooling mod? Are you talking about the one that taps into the rear freeze plug on the head? Have you read anywhere that this will correct the rear cylinder heat problem... i couldn't find anything besides the fact that it "helps". Also, how easy were those shorties to install?

Last edited:

Quick Strike

Established Member
Unistang said:
How was the install on that cooling mod? Are you talking about the one that taps into the rear freeze plug on the head? Have you read anywhere that this will correct the rear cylinder heat problem... i couldn't find anything besides the fact that it "helps". Also, how easy were those shorties to install?

I did the cooling mod and headers when the trans was out for repairs and up-grades. The cooling mod was easy with the trans out. It is the one that uses the freeze plug on the left side, and it would be impossible to do with the transmission in place. The headers were no easier or harder then a mid-length or long-tube installation. It helped some to have the trans out, but there are still a lot of blind areas that are hard to reach. Refitting the oil tube was quite an adventure, but getting the keepers and locks on header bolts was the hardest part of the job.

There is a little information here on the heat issue, but it may be better to pose your question directly on that board. There is also more information on this site in the archives and over on modular fords if you have a while to search.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
WHT03SVTCOLO said:
Sambandit, I'm looking to do some upgrades I was thinking of just upper pulley and tune...can you help? I see your in Colorado. Warranty is finally up so why not mod :-D
Absolutely, give me a call or a PM!

Users who are viewing this thread