Let's hear what stock parts people are hoarding these days!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I bought a new rear bumper a few years back for about $600, Its still in the wrapper in the basement. I've heard the rear bumpers won't be as easy to reproduce with the Cobra on the back for licensing reasons so I grabbed one. I also thought it was possible it was more likely someone would rear end my car than me rear end them.
I see Autonation had them for around 415 dollars. Estimated shipping is 250! And I'm less than two hours from them. I may call and verify shipping or drive up to the cities and get one.
I have a brand new oem 3rd brake light stashed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I keep telling myself I need to buy a extra one.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I see Autonation had them for around 415 dollars. Estimated shipping is 250! And I'm less than two hours from them. I may call and verify shipping or drive up to the cities and get one.I keep telling myself I need to buy a extra one.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I’d drive if it’s only that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedeyeben

Established Member
This is always an interesting topic I feel. It’s a reality check in away that makes me feel old. Considering these cars are 15 years old now and I remember buying my first one new , it opens your eyes a bit. Like Damn, I should’ve stocked up. Lol. Not that I’m that old, or feel like I am anyway, but I remember going to the parts counter at the Chevy dealer and ordering new Quarterpanels for my 67 camaro and that was the early 90s. Shortly after I went to get them and they let me know that they’d recently quit producing them but still found some. Seeing this, the out of factory production end of it and the ensuing skyrocketed prices on NOS parts, happen all over again on another car I own just kicks ya right in the feels.

With that all said I kept everything from mine and all the extra stuff I hoarded back in 03-04 too. So when I picked up another 03 it seemed like I planned it I guess but really I just never get rid of parts I think.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I've thought about picking up some spare parts but knowing my OCD self, I'd be scouring the Internet and empting my bank account to the point of insanity. I did recently look for a hood & bumper covers. Maybe I should reconsider on those.

I don't know my OCD, hence my problem!

dom418

Established Member
Ford is going to eventually sell the molds for most of these parts to LMR or CJ pony parts if they haven’t started doing so already.

I’m not terribly worried as my Cobras will not need a restoration until I am dead. I do have lots of OEM parts sitting in my basement.

New front bumper
Headlights
Taillights
Fog lights and bezels
Hood blankets (3)
Faster sand pushpins of all kinds
Third brake lights
Chin spoilers
Svt center caps
Door sill inserts
Floormats
Pulleys