Lets Argue

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Wow, how did I miss this clusterfaack of a thread. First off, it was started by someone looking to stir things up, thats cool, every forum has people like that, gives the stupid people something to look down on.
Then for the "censorship" thing. No one is censoring anything here, so you are free to look as moronic and imature as you see fit. Dont you dare accuse anyone of trying to censor you. All I asked is for the unnecesary stuff be cut out, do what you need to, but dont get so carried away as to look stupid again. Oppps, too late for that one.
As for airing your gripes against vendors, have at it, knock yourselves out. The mature way to handle it would be to take said gripe to the vendor directly. Try it, may just work, has for me. The vendors read these forums, and when they think we look like a bunch of idiots, always at each others throats slamming vendors, they dont seem to want to support us as a whole group. I am not advocating laying off anyone in particular, but in general, restrain in the vendor slamming if not neccesary.
Then there is the slamming on others for their choices and why they made them. At first you were content to tear into, belittle, harass, insult, those that disagreed with you on supercharger choices, carrying the trilogy, reinhart, and procharger banners bravely into battle. Now that you have beaten down anyone that supports or enjoys a vortech or procharger, like the pack of wolves that you are, you have turned on your own trilogy brothers. Sad. Up to this moment I would never have said this, but I look forward to crushing your Marauders at the strip. Trilogy owners turning on fellow trilogy owners....bizare, but I figured it was coming when you got tired of ripping vortech and procharger owners. I didnt fire the first round in this arguement war, but I will fire the last one. I offered my friendship to each and every one of you. Billy, how much of my time did i spend answering your endless questions about the trilogy setup. As I recall, you didnt know much of anything about superchargers, now you are the self appointed god of supercharger knowledge. As your friend I am loyal and supportive, but as an opponent I can be a very formidable adversary as well.
Do what you like, I really dont care. You have shown your true colors in attacking Mike, and in doing so, me. When the rest of the forum understands the fact that you dont care about MVIII, and eroding vendor suport which lowers costs for those that are attending, they will see your true colors too. I am not going to insult or return your shitty treatment of mike or myself, pat yourself on the back and find the next target of your criticisms and hatefulness.
So, if you feel like having a battle of wits, borrow a brain and bring it on.

Last edited:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
Group Dynamics, Stages of Team Development
Forming - polite but untrusting
Storming - testing others
Norming - valuing other types
Performing - flexibility from trust

Notes:
Forming - formalities are preserved and members are treated as strangers.

Storming - members start to communicate their feelings but probably still view themselves as part of their parent department rather than part of the team. They attack others insular attitudes while guarding their own.

Norming - people feel part of the team and realise that they can achieve work if they accept other viewpoints.

Performing - the team works in an open and trusting atmosphere where flexibility is the key and hierarchy is of little importance.

The faster you get through the Storm stage the faster you get to the Perform stage :thumbsup:
And you guys thought I was just being rude :p

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Mike and I were talking about different things atleast in part, and after stating that I agreed with part of what Mike said, and also stated my viewpoint on the rest of the matter, Mike hammers me, and then you big bad Dave jump in here to take up where Mike left off, and then you throw your hypocrisy at me by telling me how "Loyal" you were to me. It seems to me that you guys will turn on anyone who you think will not attend MVIII. Why is that?

MVIII will only be two or three days out of the year. What about how different Marauder owners help eachother out the rest of the year? I don't need to list to you nor to Mike nor anyone what I do for people nor what they've done for me. Just because I'm not always in the Lime light like you guys are right now doesn't mean I never help people out like you guys do.

Personally Dave I don't care how fast your car is. Just because you own a Marauder, and because your Marauder is Trilogy equipped like mine is doesn't make you a 'brother". Give me a break. If you choose friends just because of the type of car they drive, or if you refer to them as "brother" just because they have the same mods on their cars as you do, then that's either pretty shallow, or it's a con game. What type of car someone drives doesn't dictate how I get along with them, and neither does their choice of mods. You must think that you know me or something, but your familiarity with me is very limited.

And then you're going to sit back on your keyboard and rip into me and others here for mentioning vendors, when it was you who has written to me in the past about what a crook one particular vendor is, and now you're mentioning him in the same sentences that you talk about vendors and MVIII financial support in other threads on here. That's the same person who you stated was bad news, and who was an idiot, and who you wouldn't let near your car.

You know who I'm talking about Dave. So what changed your opinion about that individual so much now that you're working on MVIII? All of sudden your entire outlook on everything and everyone is all different now depending on who will contribute to MVIII and who will not? All that mattrs now is MVIII and nothing else? Why is that Dave? I doubt that I'm going to get a straight answer though. Now was all of this neccessary? What was the point? What has this thread accomplished? If you guys wanted to ask us to tone it down a little bit, you could've done so in a much less dramatic way, and without insulting people. Or don't you know how to do that? Or are you above doing that simply because you're running the show for MVIII? And then you act surprised when people argue with you guys. But yet you accuse me of being on my high-horse. It's time to look in the mirror Mr. "My car is better than yours is".

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Billy, I am not mad at you, I was trying to point out the futility of ripping on each other. Mike was only trying to express his opinion and took heat for it. I took a little offense to it. The event is a lot of work, and due to the location, a lot of expense. That is why any support is important. The more we obtain and keep that support the better job we can do for all the marauder owners. Please keep in mind that this was my only goal. I appologize for my attempt to keep that goal in mind, I didnt intend to insult you or anyone.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:
Billy, I am not mad at you, I was trying to point out the futility of ripping on each other. Mike was only trying to express his opinion and took heat for it. I took a little offense to it. The event is a lot of work, and due to the location, a lot of expense. That is why any support is important. The more we obtain and keep that support the better job we can do for all the marauder owners. Please keep in mind that this was my only goal. I appologize for my attempt to keep that goal in mind, I didnt intend to insult you or anyone.
That's very big of you Dave. So much so that I find it quite humbling. I accept your apology, and I honestly will not hold any of this against you at all. I know that we all can get a little bit over the top at times (myself included!!). Thanks very much for your explanation. And I'll make an effort to tone it down both here and on the Marauder board.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
*sigh* Go ahead, just continue to drive the nails in the coffin of MVIII even harder with this attitiude.

Read Billys post above...the Marauder is DEAD. You threatening to not buy products related to a DEAD car isn't much of a threat at all. It only demonstrates a bad attitiude and lack of understanding the big picture. Furthermore, now that you feel the need to get into "threats" the last thing I can do is mention who is talking to us. Good job!

I will say this. Some of these "vendors" we are talking to make NO products for the Marauder at all! None, zero, zip! We're talking about a completey different kind of CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP here. So your "threat" is pretty much harmless to them. Your attitude, however, clearly demonstrates that we might not be the kind of group they will want to support.

Well, since you guys think arguing, sniping, and bashing is more important to MV-III I say screw it. Its apparent you guys aren't behind the event and that your taste for bashing and arguing is just more important than pulling off a great national event. And if we have to continue to pull content from our event do to less funding, I'll be sure to point the innocent members to you and Billy so you can explain to them how your personal self interests were far more important than putting on a good event.

BTW, I'm not saying your posts in particular directly influence the final decision for funding. But the constant arguing, the 600 post supercharger war threads, and the 5000 view vendor bashing threads do attract attention.

What's truly sad is that Dave and i weren't really asking for much here. We certainly weren't asking for censorship...I made that clear in another thread. We support people posting about their vendor and product experiences whether they be good or bad. We were only asking to have the constant bashing and arguing toned down a litte. But, even this little request seems to be too much to ask of some people who apparently get off on it.

What a shame:(

Ya know, in the interest of SUPPORTING MVIII, I will let this rant against me go. It does not accurately represent how I feel or what I think. But I understand what you are trying to say in general, so with this post, I'm done here! :nonono:

MikesMerc

Established Member
Wow...this thread got even worse than I thought it would:(

I guess what really confuses me is that this thread was over and done by the second post. rocknrod opened the thread with something that could have been taken as an antagonistic topic, and I kindly requested that we "don't go there." The thread was already over and done right there.

So I just don't undertsand why Billy felt the need to jump in when he did and begin disagreeing right off the bat. If you guys understood "generally" what Dave and I are trying to do, then why the initial counter points to begin with? Why did Billy feel the need to post at all in the first place? I just don't get it :shrug:

I already apologized to everyone early in the thread for offending anyone by even asking for a tone down of the rhetoric. That apology came in my first post. But, although I feel I got dragged into this one, I'll apologize for that again, as well as apologize directly to Billy and Defyant for obviously trying too hard to get my point accross. I was over the top as usual I suppose. For that I am sorry.

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
I'll apologize for that again, as well as apologize directly to Billy and Defyant for obviously trying too hard to get my point accross. I was over the top as usual I suppose. For that I am sorry.
Okay Mike. Thankyou. Like I said, I know that I get "over the top" sometimes too. I don't mean to though. I was trying to make a point that's really separate, and unrelated to the point that you were making, and happens to be a pet peeve of mine, and is partly related to another thread in this forum, so that's why I got so intense about it.

I didn't mean to aggrivate you or Dave, and I didn't mean to come across like I don't appreciate the fact that you guys have been puting a lot of time and work into MVIII. So let's just leave it at that and put all of this behind us now, because I'm afraid that if we don't, then we will be prone to begin re-hashing this all over again, and I wouldn't want that to happen. Both you and I have exchanged some helpful info about our cars with one another in the past, and I'd hate to let that exchange of this hobby of ours go to waste because of a heated debate.

Last edited:

F-16

Established Member
After reading some post's here & over at MM.net & other place's It seams to me you guy's Really like to Argue alot. It look's like to me so far if you tell the truth on MM.net you get booted off & and if you tell it here nothing happeneds .Why is that?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
F-16 said:
After reading some post's here & over at MM.net & other place's It seams to me you guy's Really like to Argue alot. It look's like to me so far if you tell the truth on MM.net you get booted off & and if you tell it here nothing happeneds .Why is that?
That's a loaded question, so all is I'll do is point you to post #'s 8 & 10. Enough said.

MikesMerc

Established Member
BillyGman said:
Both you and I have exchanged some helpful info about our cars with one another in the past, and I'd hate to let that exchange of this hobby of ours go to waste because of a heated debate.

Agreed. This is all behind me now. I hope the same with you.

Besides, I'm still hosting your burnout video and getting hits on it :D

F-16

Established Member
BillyGman said:
That's a loaded question, so all is I'll do is point you to post #'s 8 & 10. Enough said.
Interesting, So if a vendor does something wrong nothing happened's to the Vendor & If a member of that site say's something some one doesn't like , like telling the truth of something that happened or is happening he get's takened off the site. This kinda tell's me then that maybe 1 or 2 vendor's of that site could be riping off some of the member's or doing something else wrong and the person who run's the site doesn't care. :shrug:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
F-16 said:
Interesting, So if a vendor does something wrong nothing happened's to the Vendor & If a member of that site say's something some one doesn't like , like telling the truth of something that happened or is happening he get's takened off the site. This kinda tell's me then that maybe 1 or 2 vendor's of that site could be riping off some of the member's or doing something else wrong and the person who run's the site doesn't care. :shrug:
I can't answer for any site owner/administrator, but I think it's pretty obvious now who you are. Furthermore, I know of one vendor who was once reprimanded for getting a little out of hand on the site you're talking about. Namely Maraudernck. but it wasn't for "ripping off" anyone though.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
I can't answer for any site owner/administrator, but I think it's pretty obvious now who you are. Furthermore, I know of one vendor who was once reprimanded for getting a little out of hand on the site you're talking about. Namely Maraudernck. but it wasn't for "ripping off" anyone though.

If your implying Billy that F-16 is me, your wrong!

I have no problem stating my opinions under my own screen name and think all the people who have come on these threads lately under assumed names are pathetic.

Futhermore, your the last person I would hide from, I'll come head on every time, I respect you that much!

Thanks for making the assumption and throwing open the Procharger door again.

Some bonehead did ask you a loaded question, instead of ignoring him, you fell for it!

Last edited:

F-16

Established Member
BillyGman said:
BillyGman, I'm not anybody that you know, I've had mustangs my whole life till a few months ago When I purchased my first marauder. I;m not a member of MM.net either, I'm just a new marauder owner that joined SVT Performance site not to long ago. I just want some fact's on things before I purchase them from some one. You shouldnt be pointing fingers at others for my comments either. You, Tmac, Bigslim and a few others here seam to be straight shoot's, I like that. Ill try to be a little more careful How i word things in the future. No Harm intended.

Users who are viewing this thread