Lethal O/R X pipe, 2 different diameter on outlet tubes. WTF?

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
I got my O/R x for my 11 gt today. install went good until i attempted to tighten the clamps that hold the x to the "over the axle" pipe sections.

stock over axle piping, 3" lethal x pipe. the passenger side of the lethal X fits fine and is the same diameter as my oem piping. the drivers side, is roughly 3/16" SMALLER then factory piping.

the clamp will not hold the piping, nobody makes a step band clamp for this that I've seen. Anyone else had this or am i the "lucky one"?

video; 20130712_203132.mp4 - YouTube

before anyone asks;
tried flipping clamp, swapping driver/passenger clamp. set calipers on both factory outlet pipes, both lethal pipes, and both axle piping sections. the drivers side slop i show in video is the ONLY piping that is sized differently. More then anything I need my car for tomorrow morning (dyno tune).

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Epic Fail. I bet when they got the materials, someone had put a smaller pipe in the pipes they get and they just didn't realize. I would have called them first to give them an opportunity to replace it before I made a thread though. : /

Tune it open X pipe OR just clamp it on backed up so it goes over the thicker portion. That might at least keep it from leaking temporarily. Or just tune it with the leak. The leak won't affect the tune.

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Epic Fail. I bet when they got the materials, someone had put a smaller pipe in the pipes they get and they just didn't realize. I would have called them first to give them an opportunity to replace it before I made a thread though. : /

Tune it open X pipe OR just clamp it on backed up so it goes over the thicker portion. That might at least keep it from leaking temporarily. Or just tune it with the leak. The leak won't affect the tune.

agreed, they have a local shop that makes them for them. I agree that making a call to lethal would probably result in getting taken care of.

I am not one for putting a company on the front lines like this unless they continue to make mistakes or treat you badly.

I've had American Muscle pull some BS on me before, but they always go so far out of their way to fix it and too make things right that I have never gone on any forums and blasted them for it.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
That sucks but I agree about letting them make it right before putting them on blast here. I know it sucks to have wasted your time and return it to stock but Shit happens

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I almost bought 1 of those, what kept me from buying it was its t-409 Stainless. Wanted t-304.. so i ordered a stainless works 3" off road x, anyway lethal will send you a new 1.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
That sucks but I agree about letting them make it right before putting them on blast here. I know it sucks to have wasted your time and return it to stock but Shit happens

Whats wrong with posting it? He just wanted to see what others thought prior to contacting them.

Im sure lethal will not loose any sales for 1 faulty x pipe.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Could you use a cheapy tailpipe expander tool to expand the pipe ? Might save some of the hassle of removing it and sending it back. I think Harbor Freight has tailpipe expander tools pretty cheap.....might be a one time use though since their stuff is generally junk.

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
Let me just say I'm not intending to put anyone on blast here. I posted this after hours, i tried calling lethal just encase someone was burning the midnight oil. I needed my car for a dyno tune this morning.

I half ass made this work by putting soda cans around it as shims. Then it all fell apart when my steeda tune wasn't encrypted properly. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread