Lethal Budget system

jonw357

Established Member
I have searched for hours and still can not get a clear answer. I am looking at the Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System for my ported eaton mach 1 with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower to run on e85. Will this system work with 80lb injectors and still give me enough fuel to support what I have and also thinking about adding 125 shot down the road. Any help would be great!!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
On gasoline, the system is rated to 750 rwhp with 80 lb injectors at 40 psi base fuel pressure. If you are going to be running E85 and nitrous, I recommend going with a complete system as you'll need serious volume. If you don't spray, the budget system should be fine.

jonw357

Established Member
Thank you for the quick reply, I wonder if a 8an feed line and rails would give it a little extra safety for just running e85.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Im planning on getting this system, on your website it still says its using fore products, are you guys using division x products and magnafuel regulators now? Also can I ditch the walboros and instead get the twin stryker 340 pumps? Looking at around 730ish whp on e85

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I cant say enough about the Budget Return system. By far one of the best mods I have ever done since I've owned this car for close to 8 years. I had one of the 1st ones to come out and love it. Car drives alot better, no more "tuning" for odd spikes and imperfections caused by returnless gremlins.

Car ran multiple 9 second passes on it last year. I am running -8 Feed line on mine with the stock hat outlet adapter on the pump housing.

I run a 2.8H KB, 27psi, car makes 744whp uncorrected on 60lb injectors (723whp SAE) If I ever run out of fuel or go e85 I will upgrade to some strykers or aeromotive stealth pumps and go 80lb injectors with some elevated base pressure. Im on 110 Octane btw.

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I cant say enough about the Budget Return system. By far one of the best mods I have ever done since I've owned this car for close to 8 years. I had one of the 1st ones to come out and love it. Car drives alot better, no more "tuning" for odd spikes and imperfections caused by returnless gremlins.

Car ran multiple 9 second passes on it last year. I am running -8 Feed line on mine with the stock hat outlet adapter on the pump housing.

I run a 2.8H KB, 27psi, car makes 744whp uncorrected on 60lb injectors (723whp SAE) If I ever run out of fuel or go e85 I will upgrade to some strykers or aeromotive stealth pumps and go 80lb injectors with some elevated base pressure. Im on 110 Octane btw.

are you still on stock fuel rails as well? I have a triple returnless system right now with my 2.3 whipple with -8 feed, 80# and stock rails, but I too am having random gremlins with the tuning. I was thinking of going with this kit and selling my returnelss parts, but If I need aftermarket rails too, might as well buy the full kit.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Stock rails no issues with russell -8 adapter Set the fuel pressure at your tuners recomendation and let it rip.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Im planning on getting this system, on your website it still says its using fore products, are you guys using division x products and magnafuel regulators now? Also can I ditch the walboros and instead get the twin stryker 340 pumps? Looking at around 730ish whp on e85

Yes, it's divisionX and manga fuel products. You can upgrade to the Stryker pumps for $90, but the stock lines and rails can't flow the volume needed for mid 700's rwhp. Youll need to go with lines and rails with E85.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Yes, it's divisionX and manga fuel products. You can upgrade to the Stryker pumps for $90, but the stock lines and rails can't flow the volume needed for mid 700's rwhp. Youll need to go with lines and rails with E85.

Not true... there are plenty of cars on stock rails at over 700 rwhp even some up to 1000. But I will agree about the lines. If you have the tests and data to prove the members on here and multiple stock rail mustang owners that have surpassed the 700rwhp mark that the rails cant flow that much, i would then gladly change my opinion.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not true... there are plenty of cars on stock rails at over 700 rwhp even some up to 1000. But I will agree about the lines. If you have the tests and data to prove the members on here and multiple stock rail mustang owners that have surpassed the 700rwhp mark that the rails cant flow that much, i would then gladly change my opinion.

There's people on here using stock rails with E85 up to 1000rwhp? :eek:

Not saying it can't be done but more concerned on why someone would still be running stock components at that point especially on the corn.

Last edited:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Corn and 1000 is a bit different due to the volume. But many have done 700+ with stock rails, many reputible tuners that i have talked to have even said stock rails are fine to 1000. Why change it if it works? Unless you have to do it or have money to blow to make the engine bay look better with aftermarket rails, I see no point.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Well, that's why we rate the budget system to over 700 rwhp on gasoline, I fail to see where we advertised differently? You're not going to support that power on E85 with stock lines and rails, or even upgraded lines and stock rails. You WILL NOT make 1000 rwhp on stock rails and have a working engine by the time you reach the end of the track. Maybe you can do it on a dyno, but it will not work on the street. Do you know how much fuel you need to support 1000 rwhp? You think you can flow that volume though the single 5/16" opening going into the stock rails?

I do not recommend the budget system for E85 users unless you're going to be under 550 rwhp.

Last edited:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Well, that's why we rate the budget system to over 700 rwhp on gasoline, I fail to see where we advertised differently? You're not going to support that power on E85 with stock lines and rails, or even upgraded lines and stock rails. You WILL NOT make 1000 rwhp on stock rails and have a working engine by the time you reach the end of the track. Maybe you can do it on a dyno, but it will not work on the street. Do you know how much fuel you need to support 1000 rwhp? You think you can flow that volume though the single 5/16" opening going into the stock rails?

I do not recommend the budget system for E85 users unless you're going to be under 550 rwhp.

I have your budget kit so im not putting the kit down at all. Also not claiming that the stock rails will support 1000 on e85. Just stating has been done with other fuel though, a mix or just straight race gas. Im glad you all came out with the budget kit cause for me it was clearly a no brainer for cost, ease of tuning, and basically limitless power with only the change of a fuel pump.

Users who are viewing this thread