Let the build begin

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Those wheels arent on their site. Did u have to call to order them?

I went into our local Discount Tire looking to buy another set of wheels. I didn't know anything about those particular wheels until I went in. The salesman mentioned them after seeing them online from the SEMA show. They are starting production on them now. I should get my set in a month or two.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
i'm interested in doing the same exhaust setup. can you post a video?

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Finally starting to play with the car. Turns out the funny vibration grinding noise was the mufflers installed too far back. Ford put them back on and sticking an inch or so out from the rear bumper. It was allowing for the muffler to touch the spare tire indent when turning the car.

Hood struts installed. New wheels finally came in. I got the tires mounted today. Now installing all the bolt ons. Hopefully the new mufflers from Ford Racing get here. Going to be really hard waiting til March to put them on.

Hopefully this weekend I will get the lowering springs on with the new wheels. I will throw some pics up shortly.

Is everyone just installing NGK TR6IX plugs? Any better plug out there?

Superhawk2002

Established Member
must be nice to be rollin in the doe lol:beer:

Pics coming. No time today to mount the wheels and tires. I slept all day when I got home.

And I wish I was rolling in it. If it makes you feel any better, I work 12 hrs a day for a large manufacturing corporation (we have not had a weekend off since xmas), I co-own a small excavation business, and we refab houses on the side. The kids take up the rest of my time... :lol1:

And I am just throwing in the TR6IX plugs. Seems to be the going flavor. I plan on playing with the car some Sat through Tuesday as time permits.

Myfast70

Established Member
must be nice to be rollin in the doe lol:beer:

Well, get off your ass and try a bit harder and maybe you'll be "rollin in the doe":shrug:

I get tired of people throwing out bullshit comments like the above. I bust my ass for my money and work 70+ hours / wk 9 out of 12 months to keep and maintain what I have and the lifestyle I live.

To the OP, sweet build, also waiting for the wheels mounted pics.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Well, get off your ass and try a bit harder and maybe you'll be "rollin in the doe":shrug:

I get tired of people throwing out bullshit comments like the above. I bust my ass for my money and work 70+ hours / wk 9 out of 12 months to keep and maintain what I have and the lifestyle I live.

To the OP, sweet build, also waiting for the wheels mounted pics.

Must be nice to be able to take three months off to sit on your ass. :burn: Maybe YOU should work harder. :nonono: Some people work/make more, some people work/make less. There was nothing wrong with what dude said. He was just joking! Simma down!!:p

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
Must be nice to be able to take three months off to sit on your ass. :burn: Maybe YOU should work harder. :nonono: Some people work/make more, some people work/make less. There was nothing wrong with what dude said. He was just joking! Simma down!!:p

Actually I don't get three months off it's just that the other three I only work 30ish hours a week (and not by my choice, it's seasonal). But thanks for checking!:bash: :poke:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Hood struts installed. New wheels finally came in. I got the tires mounted today. Now installing all the bolt ons. Hopefully the new mufflers from Ford Racing get here. Going to be really hard waiting til March to put them on.

don't wait on me. Run the Ford Racing mufflers if you like, I'll just have to take them off when I get there. More time turning wrenches :beer:

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Still no pics with the wheels on? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set just wanna see them on the car.

I am working on it. I work 8pm to 8am right now. The shift in hours is rough. I spend pretty much every other waking moment running errands or spending time with the kiddos. Car can wait.

EDIT: I also won't do much with the wheels until the lowering springs are on. Trying to find time this weekend...

Superhawk2002

Established Member
A teaser pic. Rear is lowered. Working on the front today.

Huge thanks to Willie (and his patient wife :coolman:) for helping get the rear springs in, the pulley swap, and the remaining motor mods. I may have to plan a trip to Texas soon.

Users who are viewing this thread