Let the build begin

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Thanks to Birddoc, Devious Snake, and others for being the first to test so many go fast goodies for us.

Car is finally home in the garage. I am heading to Mike Raisor Ford Monday to see what all the dealership will install for me. Great group there that does a fantastic job.

IMG_20121102_144937_920.jpg

This thread details all the stuff being installed. Painted pieces are in the hands of a capable friend. He is holding off until I decide if I am getting a side exhaust kit and a new hood.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/877935-upgrading-car-without-car.html

Quite the car so far. Without really even getting on it, it feels so much stronger than my modded 09 GT500. Sucks that all the work is going to be done just to park the car for 4 or 5 months.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Good luck with the built. This car is a monster. Went to make some hits on the street with the slicks today and leaving 200 ft of rubber. So much torque is fun.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Hold down the TC button for about 10 seconds and it will disable all electronic traction controls.

I relied on that crap twice and lost. I don't use any of them now.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Just got my car back. The 373 gears & moser shafts are in along with the Kooks headers and catted H-pipe. With the stock mufflers, the car sounds fantastic. I was going to change them out, but really think I will leave them for awhile. No real thoughts on the whole system yet -- I drove less than 5 miles through the city on my way home from the dealer in cold rainy weather.

Shelbyparts-disassembly.jpg

ShelbyMosershafts.jpg

Shelbygears1.jpg

Shelbyheaders2.jpg

And the wrong c-clip eliminators. New strange ones are on the way.

Incorrectc-clipelim.jpg

Now that the car is home, the lowering springs are going on. I will be throwing in new plugs, smaller pulley, intake, throttle body, and tune as soon as I get the tune in from Lund.

I also picked up a set of 315/30/20 NT05's for the rear and some Invos for the front. I bought TSW's new wheel -- 20X8.5 fronts and 20X10.5 rears. I should have them sometime in January. Discount Tire was great to work with (as usual).

Mirabeau.jpg

Now if someone would just part ways with their NOS system, I would be much happier. :p

dustin88lx

Established Member
Now if someone would just part ways with their NOS system, I would be much happier. :p

I bet you would :poke:....guess your going to have to do a little better on the offer....I even have an unlocked sct scanner with the tune for the nitrous in it......whats your ecu code the 4 digits in big text.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I put 9831 for Lund to tune it... I actually don't know which number they needed.

Last edited:

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I bet you would :poke:....guess your going to have to do a little better on the offer....I even have an unlocked sct scanner with the tune for the nitrous in it......whats your ecu code the 4 digits in big text.

How are you so sure I was talking about you? :poke:

:lol1:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looks like you'll have plenty of parts to sell recoup expenses. You have to be one determined individual to collect parts like you did before you even have the car in hand. Good luck with it. That's a great looking car.

Tob

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I Love it! I get to watch someone elses build :) Go Superhawk! I'll be watching to get ideas from you. Let me know if you have any questions on something I did too:rockon:

Looks great so far!!:beer:

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I didnt, it was just funny. Just think u need my setup its very nice and clean.

I was talking about you. :beer:

Car may be headed back to Ford. I am hearing an odd grinding or vibration, esp when I turn right. It was def not there before. It sounds like a wheel bearing going out. The harder I turn, the louder it gets. The driver side header was super super close to the frame -- I am wondering if it is contacting the frame. The frequency sounds very similar to the vibes I feel through the shifter.

dustin88lx

Established Member
I was talking about you. :beer:

Car may be headed back to Ford. I am hearing an odd grinding or vibration, esp when I turn right. It was def not there before. It sounds like a wheel bearing going out. The harder I turn, the louder it gets. The driver side header was super super close to the frame -- I am wondering if it is contacting the frame. The frequency sounds very similar to the vibes I feel through the shifter.

I hope its not the input shaft......does it do it under load or all the time?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Hold down the TC button for about 10 seconds and it will disable all electronic traction controls.

I relied on that crap twice and lost. I don't use any of them now.
Unfortunately, it doesn't turn off the electronic powertrain feature (i.e. clutch protection) in a stock car.
I suspect that the Lund tune may be turning this off, but don't think the other tuners are.
S.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Just a heads up, be mindful of that catted H-Pipe. You start dropping the power to these cars, and some of these high-flow cats go boom.

Case in point, I have HF Cats from ARH, and when I was doing my clutch I took a look. Sure enough the *cat material* had fell and was blocking my cross over for the X-Pipe. The other was on its way down as well. It took me 30 mins to hammer the material out. It did not effect my tune, but lol my mileage I get has nearly tripled...and my power is up as well.

Keep your eye on it, all catted pipes are not equal of course, ARH's are not some throw together cheap setup. Its just par for the course when you start tossing power at these cars, and trust me, the way your starting off, you will become a member of the *mod Squad* in no time.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I hope its not the input shaft......does it do it under load or all the time?

It only does it when I turn right. It sounds just like a bad wheel bearing. It will do it under load and just coasting. It started throwing codes today too -- prob because of no tune yet. I am still waiting for Lund to send it. I have driven it approx 20 miles since I got it from Ford.

Speaking of the tune, Jason emailed me back first thing Monday to update my PCM code. Hope to get it soon. Then I can start throwing the rest of the mods on the car. Can't wait to see what a pulley, intake, and throttle body do.

Users who are viewing this thread