Let’s talk C7 vette

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
We have owned a c5 z06, an LS3 manual c6 base, and now a manual C7 stingray.

C5Z was the most fun car to drive far and away. From everything ive read, and after putting tons of miles on the LS3 C6, I'd go C6z all day long. Beast of a car that definitely fights above its class.

C7Z has a tiny blower that is a huge turn off for me. Perhaps a GS would be fun? IDK.

My94GT

Established Member
The c7z can be had for cheap, this was once a 100k car for a 3LZ optioned car (carbon rotors, carbon exterior pieces).

I dont even have to search because last time I looked there are c7z selling for mid 50s. Maybe 60k for a 3LZ optioned '15/'16 Z06. Id get the C7GS or C7Z and not look back, C6 interior is bad specially when you have many choices today. Another plus besides newer car is you can take the top off any C7. That to me is icing on the cake.

C7Z in Admiral Blue or Laguna Blue. DAYUM!!

Yea I’ve seen some good pricing on both. Ideally I’d like to stay under 50k if possible for a lightly used well optioned car. My hopes is towards the tail end of next winter I can find something. I think the grand sport would be the way to go simply for my use and budget. Plus if I ever really want more out of it H/C set up makes some healthy numbers and who doesn’t love that sound.

Like you said, the targa style too is very appealing too. I’m not very big 5’11” around 190lbs so I should fit well in one.

The Z07 package seems to be what I would really want for the brakes and suspension tuning extras it provides. Since I may hit a weekend or two a year at the track it would be little concern about the brake wear with carbon brakes.

lilcoop03

Established Member
C6 z06, ive already beat a bunch of stock and bolt on C7's in my stock C6z from both digs and rolls, and was door to door with a stock manual Zl1 and C7 z06. You can't deny the power to weight on these cars. There's a reason why there's tons of C6 on half mile records vs C7's... gearing, aero, and weight plague those cars.

Fun fact: I've gotten to play with some c7z and even a new zr1 on the huge back straight at RA..In my H/C car, I pull on stock c7z and was door to door with the zr1.

christian01

Established Member
I bought my 17 Stingray in December and just about a week ago, was able to get it out and enjoy it. I traded my 15 Whipple GT I’m on it. Coming from 870 whp to 460 crank hp is a bit of a change but it feels pretty decent actually. Handling is so much better now (have magnaride also). I just really love the look of it. I’m very happy with it!
47a75ac94203b7110554421454987b98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My94GT

Established Member
Fun fact: I've gotten to play with some c7z and even a new zr1 on the huge back straight at RA..In my H/C car, I pull on stock c7z and was door to door with the zr1.
It’ll be a little, need to recoup cash to put down as I just bought a Ram a couple months ago.
I bought my 17 Stingray in December and just about a week ago, was able to get it out and enjoy it. I traded my 15 Whipple GT I’m on it. Coming from 870 whp to 460 crank hp is a bit of a change but it feels pretty decent actually. Handling is so much better now (have magnaride also). I just really love the look of it. I’m very happy with it!View attachment 1560088

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
very nice looking! The price point and what the stingray offers is tough to beat.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
I have an 05 C6. I love it, but would love to step up to a C7. C6Z sounds awesome, but I like my targa top, as I am more of a cruiser than a bruiser now a days.

My94GT

Established Member
I have an 05 C6. I love it, but would love to step up to a C7. C6Z sounds awesome, but I like my targa top, as I am more of a cruiser than a bruiser now a days.
Yea having a targa definitely would be nice. Years ago I had a 87 911 targa and it was great on nice days

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If tracking only 2 times a year i'd get the z06. Can also swap the inefficient blower. This car is like the terminator where you swap the blower and do simple boltons and gain a ton of power. Also, if tracking id get the manual. The A8 overheats on the road course.

My94GT

Established Member
If tracking only 2 times a year i'd get the z06. Can also swap the inefficient blower. This car is like the terminator where you swap the blower and do simple boltons and gain a ton of power. Also, if tracking id get the manual. The A8 overheats on the road course.

Basically with a infant in the house I have little free time so if I do make it to the track it will be less then a handful of times a year. I fully plan to get a manual as I just enjoy the driving experience more and I’m not looking to win any races where auto would benefit me more.

It al depends on pricing, I want to spend no more then 50k if I can help it as I’d like to put at least 20 down. I just can’t justify paying so much for a limited use car.

Now if I can get a Z06 for that price then I’m all for it. If not I’ll just go GS and if I desire more power I can do bolt ons and a H/C package which mid 500s NA would be a happy healthy street set up.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Grab a newer GS with warranty if you only want to spend $50k. Do not bother with heads/cam, go straight to a Blower from A&A and call it a day. That is if you do not care about warranty. An auto GS has no heat issues on the road course.

My94GT

Established Member
Grab a newer GS with warranty if you only want to spend $50k. Do not bother with heads/cam, go straight to a Blower from A&A and call it a day. That is if you do not care about warranty. An auto GS has no heat issues on the road course.
I’m not really stressed about the power, at least I do t think I would be where the GS wouldn’t fill my needs. I was just saying that if the want for power becomes an issue that’s an easy remedy.

I had read the over heating was resolved in the 17s anyway unless I’m mistaken.

bgoose99

Established Member
I've had mine for about a year and a half. Just a manual Stingray, not a GS.

The widebody looks amazing, but I couldn't ignore all the cracked wheel complaints. Roads in my area aren't terrible, but they aren't exactly great either. Your mileage may vary. At the very least, it's something to think about. Forged wheel setups for a C7 GS are $$$.

I'm still excited every time I get to drive it. It's an awesome car. And while there are definitely times where I'd like an extra 200 horsepower for a quick highway pull, in 99% of my driving, I don't feel that I'm lacking any power whatsoever.

My94GT

Established Member
I've had mine for about a year and a half. Just a manual Stingray, not a GS.

The widebody looks amazing, but I couldn't ignore all the cracked wheel complaints. Roads in my area aren't terrible, but they aren't exactly great either. Your mileage may vary. At the very least, it's something to think about. Forged wheel setups for a C7 GS are $$$.

I'm still excited every time I get to drive it. It's an awesome car. And while there are definitely times where I'd like an extra 200 horsepower for a quick highway pull, in 99% of my driving, I don't feel that I'm lacking any power whatsoever.

Yea I’m sure it would provide me plenty of fun. I mean who doesn’t want more power haha but I’d likely not use it so I may as well save the cash. These days though my time is limited and I just want something to enjoy. I have heard about the wheels bending and cracking easy. It’s definitely something of note to keep in mind.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I’m not really stressed about the power, at least I do t think I would be where the GS wouldn’t fill my needs. I was just saying that if the want for power becomes an issue that’s an easy remedy.

I had read the over heating was resolved in the 17s anyway unless I’m mistaken.

I got you. Not exactly, manuals were way better but auto cars would still overheat. Z06 of course.

Users who are viewing this thread