legit way to get something shipped...

termynator

Established Member
ok...i found a set of rims i want to buy but the guy doesnt have paypal. is there any other payment method that is legit like paypal?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
dumbest idea EVER.

Why? He said "if you trust him". Nothing wrong with paying by money order when you know the seller is trustworthy. Key is knowing whether or not the seller is trustworthy. That said, it sounds like the buyer doesn't personally know the seller, so if that is true then it would be hard to determine the seller's trustworthiness unless the seller has a lot of positive feedback on a forum. IF the trustworthiness of the seller cannot be determined than I will agree with you that it would not be a smart idea to use a money order.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Why? He said "if you trust him". Nothing wrong with paying by money order when you know the seller is trustworthy. Key is knowing whether or not the seller is trustworthy. That said, it sounds like the buyer doesn't personally know the seller, so if that is true then it would be hard to determine the seller's trustworthiness unless the seller has a lot of positive feedback on a forum. IF the trustworthiness of the seller cannot be determined than I will agree with you that it would not be a smart idea to use a money order.

I agree with this completely! I only do business via money order - both buying, and selling. It's all about researching who you do business with via their history on the forum, trader feedback, etc. If it is a longstanding member here with 100% feedback rating, then I seriously doubt they would jeopardize their rep just for one transaction. The ones you really have to worry about are those that set up an account, and their first post is a "for sale" thread. Paypal is NOT a substitute for having common sense, and doing your due diligence with regard to whom you do business with!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
the only people I 'trust" are people I know personally and I don't trust everyone I know personally.

doing a long distance transaction with someone you don't know, regardless of their reviews or "trader ratings", via money order is just stupid IMHO. you have absolutely NO recourse should the transaction go bad. It is as bad as doing business with a first time seller on an auction website, or a guy who sets up a paypal account just to get the transaction done. You want to put your money at risk with no recourse to get it back if things go south feel free. Me I will look for someone else selling that I can use a credit card or paypal and not have to deal with crap if/when is goes down the toilet.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
send it to him in a package and when he opens it put a note sayin "now you have anthrax so i suggest you send me my product, upon arrival i will send you the vaccine".

Users who are viewing this thread