LED License Plate Bulbs Installed on our 2011

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I finally received the correct LED bulb for the 2010+ license plate replacements. They fit and work perfect. On our car there's no glow at all meaning that they will not require a resistor. I'm not sure if that's going to be the same for all model years and options as we've got the HID and I'm unsure if stuff like that effects the licence plate bulb wiring or not. None the less here's a step by step installation and some comparison pics. We'll have plenty of the license plate bulbs in stock by July 1st.

Using a phillips head screw driver remove the left side license plate bulb housing.
IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

Remove the stock bulb from the housing and replace it with the LED bulb. Make sure to aim the LED portion of the bulb downward in the housing and the white part of the bulb up. This will ensure that the LED when lit will shine down on the plate.
IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

Place the bulb housing back into the bumper and tighten both screws so that they are snug. Do not overtighten them as you can crack the bulb housing if they're tightened to much.

Repeat the same procedure for the other side and your done.

Stock Bulbs
IMG_1540.jpg

LED Bulbs
IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

Side by side comparison of the stock bulb next to the LED bulb
IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Last edited:

Driver72

Established Member
Looks great, if not a bit bright however.
Any room to put in some Neutral Density film in there to knock down the LED brightness by 20%, or if each housing has more than one LED light in there, can one or two of them be removed or disengaged to cut the amount of light down a bit?

Thanks

chrisheltra

Established Member
I doubt this question will get answered seeing as though it seems your trying to sell these yourselves but whats the part number on these and can they be found at auto parts stores? Also whats the price on a pair?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks great, if not a bit bright however.
Any room to put in some Neutral Density film in there to knock down the LED brightness by 20%, or if each housing has more than one LED light in there, can one or two of them be removed or disengaged to cut the amount of light down a bit?

Thanks

They're not that much brighter than stock but white instead of amber. No tint should be needed or is recommended. Remember you're looking at an image posted on a website. It's not going to be an accurate way of measuring the brightness of a light bulb.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Working fine for us, might want to check your browser settings maybe? If you're trying to log in from work, it could be a blocked site because of some risque pictures we have in the calendar section.

Stinger1982

Established Member
Working fine for us, might want to check your browser settings maybe? If you're trying to log in from work, it could be a blocked site because of some risque pictures we have in the calendar section.

that is most likely what it is. I sent the OP a PM. Looking forward to hearing back.....

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
are these available yet?

They are currently out of stock but we should be receiving a large batch of them real soon. I'll find out exactly when we're expecting them to arrive and post an update for you guys tomorrow.

Thanks, Jared

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member

I know this is a shot in the dark, but are these the same bulbs they use on a 2010 Focus as well? Ive been looking to get a set of these for the daily and havent found shit yet, they look VERY similar to the bulbs on your guys' mustang. Thanks, and it looks sweet :beer:.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I know this is a shot in the dark, but are these the same bulbs they use on a 2010 Focus as well? Ive been looking to get a set of these for the daily and havent found shit yet, they look VERY similar to the bulbs on your guys' mustang. Thanks, and it looks sweet :beer:.

Buy a pair if it doesnt work Ill buy them off of you.

Users who are viewing this thread