LED-LCDs

PureStang

Established Member
So my Vizio 42 in LCD took a crap on my this past week, and im resorting to a Sharp 27" lcd. this cant fly, look really weird in my living room haha.

I was wondering if you guys have any insights to good 42" LED-LCD's under 1500 dollars. I was looking at best buy and they have a pretty nice LG 42" (42LE5400) for about $1200 and it had some pretty positive reviews.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sam's Club has 1080P 47" LCD Visios for $995.00, considering I bought the same TV for $1,500.00 three years ago, it's a damn good price.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I got my LG 47" LED-LCD for $1047 at walmart. Took a while, but they do price matching so they'll beat any advertised price. Just shop around and bring in a printed ad. Best Buy also has some pretty affordable financing. I'll vouch for LG all damn day too, my buddy got the 42" LED and convinced me to stick with LG. He said, "think about it, when have you ever heard of a problem with an LG product". Seriously, I've never heard of one, with a phone, appliance, tv, whatever.

R1Lello

Established Member
Panasonic plasma's, still make plasmas for reasons, still the best colors, still the fastest response times. They do use more energy though

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I know my supply house is running pretty good prices on Sony tvs. 52" with ps3 and 2 pairs of glasses for like 1500.
Samsung also has pretty good led/LCD for the prices.
Could get you a jvc led for 700-800.

With your budget you have lots of options.

4.698gt

Established Member
just bought a samsung 42' led lcd that I must say is amazing.Bought it from best buy marked down from 1999 to 1199. part number is UN40C7000WF

jip

Established Member
just bought a samsung 42' led lcd that I must say is amazing.Bought it from best buy marked down from 1999 to 1199. part number is UN40C7000WF

Thats a 40in part number.I just got a samsung led/lcd 40in for $398 at walmart :beer:

4.698gt

Established Member
Thats a 40in part number.I just got a samsung led/lcd 40in for $398 at walmart :beer:

According to the walmart website, they only have one samsung led lcd and thats the UN40C5000, which is the 60hz version. The one I posted is the 240hz 3d ready ect.

firebird1999us

Established Member
My girlfriend just got a 46" Samsung 3d LED 240 mhz for $1599 from Best Buy...it's the 2010 model with the stainless frame from the 8000 series. I just looked and couldn't even find it on Best Buys site...so they might be liquidating them from stores now since they're last years model:shrug:

They had them marked at $1799...way back when before the Super Bowl they had them with the $300 3D Samsung Blu Ray Player and two sets of glasses for $1499:uh oh:

Anyways it's like the most awesome TV ever. Working in Television and with lots of HD equipment, high end LCDs, and Plasmas I don't impress easily at consumer grade stuff. Her TV is hands down one of the best pictures I've ever seen. We don't use it for 3d and she doesn't have a blu ray player so I'm not just talking about that type of stuff. The depth of field is tremendous...just watching normal television is awesome:rockon:

Blown 89

Established Member
Panasonic plasma's, still make plasmas for reasons, still the best colors, still the fastest response times. They do use more energy though
Yup, I grabbed a 50" Panasonic G25 in November. Amazon Warehouse has that size in the 700's from time to time. Mine showed up untouched with 0 hours on the service menu.

You can't beat plasma response times, colors, and blacks. Glare isn't an issue on the higher end Panasonics either. I'd rather spend $800 on a plasma and spend my money getting it calibrated (and still come out cheaper) than the LED's. You end up with a better TV in the long run (especially if you're looking for 3D).

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Yup, I grabbed a 50" Panasonic G25 in November. Amazon Warehouse has that size in the 700's from time to time. Mine showed up untouched with 0 hours on the service menu.

You can't beat plasma response times, colors, and blacks. Glare isn't an issue on the higher end Panasonics either. I'd rather spend $800 on a plasma and spend my money getting it calibrated (and still come out cheaper) than the LED's. You end up with a better TV in the long run (especially if you're looking for 3D).

Google your TV model number and you will find that lots of people actually post their settings after a professional calibration. Cnet has them sometimes as well. Will save you some $$$

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
I also have a 42" LG LED television. Got it last Fall from Best Buy along with a Blu-Ray player for $999. I'm no television expert but the picture looks great to me. It's thin, stylish, internet, a lot more features than I use. Hope it lasts for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread