LED Fogs

nickf2005

Established Member
Just wanted to throw up some pictures of the new LED fogs that I installed. I got these 2007 - 2013 GT500 7.5 Watt LED Fog Light Replacement Bulbs - Revan Racing, Inc. from Van. I believe he sources them from Bob's. I could never find a good comparison shot prior to buying, so I hope somebody finds these helpful. Install can be quick if you don't completely remove the shroud on the bottom. I just removed a couple screws, stuck my hand up there, and worked by feel.

New on right, stock on left...
IMAG0756_zps8a7f20af.jpg

Both installed...
IMAG0760_zps1b568d81.jpg

Cool shot...
DSC01590_zps6c96caa5.jpg

nickf2005

Established Member
Lumens would be a better measure than wattage. Wattage is just the power draw now the output.

Don't know the answer to your question though, unfortunately.

Me neither. What's the reason behind the question?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Visible light - some people don't want a cosmetic upgrade if it degrades their ability to see at night. Back country roads, etc.

www.2008GT500.blogspot.com
2013 TVS powered

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I'm glad you brought this topic up. I have 8,000 miles on my GT500 and I notice a fog light out. Wtf! I like to run the fogs without the head beams like most of us do. But havent been able to do it lately and driving me nuts. Idc they broke cause they don't match the head beams. So I also pulled the trigger yesterday and bought me a set from Van as well.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^Yup, I only run parking and fogs until I have to turn on headlights lol. Great mod for the price.

nickf2005

Established Member
Visible light - some people don't want a cosmetic upgrade if it degrades their ability to see at night. Back country roads, etc.

www.2008GT500.blogspot:bs:.com
2013 TVS powered

I'm not so sure many people depend on the fog lights to provide a lot of usable light. HID headlights overpower the fogs at night anyhow. IMO fogs are a cosmetic option, not functional.

Van@RevanRacing

Just wanted to throw up some pictures of the new LED fogs that I installed. I got these 2007 - 2013 GT500 7.5 Watt LED Fog Light Replacement Bulbs - Revan Racing, Inc. from Van. I believe he sources them from Bob's. I could never find a good comparison shot prior to buying, so I hope somebody finds these helpful. Install can be quick if you don't completely remove the shroud on the bottom. I just removed a couple screws, stuck my hand up there, and worked by feel.

New on right, stock on left...
IMAG0756_zps8a7f20af.jpg

Both installed...
IMAG0760_zps1b568d81.jpg

Cool shot...
DSC01590_zps6c96caa5.jpg

Thanks for the post Nick.

The Kelvin Rating of the 7.5 LED Watt Fog Light more closely matches the Kelvin Rating of the HID Head Lights. Nice comparo shots.

nickf2005

Established Member
Thanks for the post Nick.

The Kelvin Rating of the 7.5 LED Watt Fog Light more closely matches the Kelvin Rating of the HID Head Lights. Nice comparo shots.

No problem Van. Thanks for the customer service!

The comparison shot you had on your site was very small and hard to see what's going on in the picture. You may want to look at enlarging the picture. :)

I also left behind a review for both the bulbs and Airaid. Not many, if any, reviews had been left on your site. I think people forget how valuable a review can be. We just take for granted that we like the part and don't share the info with potential buyers.

oEM crap and any bulb installed in he OEM housing , are just for looks.

You want useable light, install real lights.

PIAA
Hence why I went cheap and LED. I don't care about the usable light. :beer:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I'm not so sure many people depend on the fog lights to provide a lot of usable light. HID headlights overpower the fogs at night anyhow. IMO fogs are a cosmetic option, not functional.

Ahhhh....those of us running dark tint on the HID headlights and fogs need them to actually function. If they don't FUNCTION as well as stock or better they do me no good. If I didn't have HID headlights then I couldn't use the dark tint. At the same time the fogs actually help illuminate the road a tad better.

nickf2005

Established Member
Since I don't have tint, I'll take your word for it.

Personally, I didn't see enough of an difference with the stock fog lights to keep me from going to the LED's in order to match better.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Since I don't have tint, I'll take your word for it.

Personally, I didn't see enough of an difference with the stock fog lights to keep me from going to the LED's in order to match better.

If I wasn't running the dark tint I would switch to the LED fogs just for the looks. I need them to function with the tint though, so I am stuck with the stock bulbs. They really do help light up the road better with the dark tint. You wouldn't think so, but you can tell the difference when I don't turn the fogs on.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Believe it or not I have not tinted the windows and have had the car for 4 1/2 years. Usually the first thing I do, just have never gotten around to it.

KidMoney

Established Member
I definitely like the look better. I'm curious as to how long they will last. Anyone had them for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread