Lease a hellcat for 399.99 a month

11sec Guy

Established Member
This looks like a awesome deal for 700hp. I've heard about a few people picking these up for amazing lease deals.
fa29517bfd92fd18977cfe32fc1e7f87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think he means that many dealers advertise "deals" like this and when you visit the dealership you find out that the deal is no longer available (ie. cars are all sold). BUT.....you can still buy a similar car for a "great price". The old bait-and-switch game. The term "great price" is open for debate at that point. I see these types of offers locally all the time.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The code there is "employee discount" and "conquest sale".

So there is likely a big discount ($2,500+) if you are trading in a select make/model.

Then obviously Employee Discount is just that, which unless you work for FCA, you won't qualify for.

That "one more" Challenger is also likely a 2016... so yeah.

As also said, typical bait and switch.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow $16,XXX+ bucks with probably some other fess as well for 3 years and at the end of the lease you own nothing. No wonder most Americans are broke.

You obviously don't know how leasing works.

First, you pay tax only on that $16k instead of the entire $74k.

Second, you don't have to eat the depreciation.

With tax, that $74k car is $80k, $80k - $16k is $64,000. You'd have to sell your 3 year old, 30,000 mile Hellcat for $64,000 to break even.

cj428mach

Established Member
You obviously don't know how leasing works.

Second, you don't have to eat the depreciation.

LOL so who eats the depreciation then? The dealership? You're paying a depreciation through your "fleece". Leasing a car is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle. Its the same as buying a car new and driving it during the time depreciation is at the maximum (the first couple of years) then turning it back in.

http://www.daveramsey.com/askdave/posts/10367

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL so who eats the depreciation then? The dealership? You're paying a depreciation through your "fleece". Leasing a car is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle. Its the same as buying a car new and driving it during the time depreciation is at the maximum (the first couple of years) then turning it back in.

Awwww

That's a adorable, you listen to Dave Ramsey.

Leasing is the most effective way to have a new car every three years and minimize the inconvenience of repairs and reselling.

How are you out anything more then had you bought the car and are trying to now sell/trade it in 3 years?

And yes my financial expert, you'll save more money and have more financial independence if you spend $3,000 cash on a 2009 Malibu and drive it for the next 15 years until it rusts into oblivion.

If you haven't noticed, no one buys a Hellcat because they are trying to optimize their financial independence and meet their most minimal basic needs.

Zemedici

Established Member

Yes. The dealership does, as they now have the vehicle back with more miles on it.

Or as Corbic said, you can buy it with your payments applied toward the principal. Its the most efficient way to change cars every year, like the majority of us do.

cj428mach

Established Member
Awwww

That's a adorable, you listen to Dave Ramsey.

Leasing is the most effective way to have a new car every three years and minimize the inconvenience of repairs and reselling.

How are you out anything more then had you bought the car and are trying to now sell/trade it in 3 years?

And yes my financial expert, you'll save more money and have more financial independence if you spend $3,000 cash on a 2009 Malibu and drive it for the next 15 years until it rusts into oblivion.

If you haven't noticed, no one buys a Hellcat because they are trying to optimize their financial independence and meet their most minimal basic needs.
Having a new car every 3 years will also keep you poor unless you make big money.

Its amazing to see people arguing that buying something during maximum depreciation time and continually repeating that cycle is a good thing.

I think I enjoy being in my mid 30s with a paid for house, no cars newer than 10 yrs old and a pile of cash in the bank. If you can keep up your lifestyle and stay out of debt more power to you. I envy you.

Zemedici

Established Member
Having a new car every 3 years will also keep you poor unless you make big money.

Its amazing to see people arguing that buying something during maximum depreciation time and continually repeating that cycle is a good thing.

I think I enjoy being in my mid 30s with a paid for house, no cars newer than 10 yrs old and a pile of cash in the bank. If you can keep up your lifestyle and stay out of debt more power to you. I envy you.

different strokes different folks. I know my girl wouldnt be caught dead in a car that's not 2015 or newer. Just depends on the lifestyle you're accustomed to living.

Some people will say 'what good is having all the money if you dont spend it?'

cj428mach

Established Member
Then
different strokes different folks. I know my girl wouldnt be caught dead in a car that's not 2015 or newer. Just depends on the lifestyle you're accustomed to living.

Some people will say 'what good is having all the money if you dont spend it?'
Then you have the people that believe in leaving something for the next generation or those of us that understand the end of your life can be extremely expensive. If you end up spending the last year of your life in and out of the hospital it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars easy.

As you say different strokes for different folks.

Zemedici

Established Member
Then

Then you have the people that believe in leaving something for the next generation or those of us that understand the end of your life can be extremely expensive. If you end up spending the last year of your life in and out of the hospital it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars easy.

As you say different strokes for different folks.

I understand your perspective, through and through. I'm just in the mindset that I work too much / too hard for the money I earn to not be able to spend it how I see fit. That does not mean that my bills do not get paid and I do not stash some money in the bank as well. Its just that if I see a new car that I like, i'm going to ****ing buy it.

blk02edge

Established Member

+1 I believe buying brand new cars every few years is an actual sickness unless you own a company and are buying company trucks or are treynor rich. My family is quite well off and we will search for the year old lease returns and keep them for 10+ years.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
+1 I believe buying brand new cars every few years is an actual sickness unless you own a company and are buying company trucks or are treynor rich. My family is quite well off and we will search for the year old lease returns and keep them for 10+ years.

Not to mention, the people who do it to "help" the environment are actually hurting the environment. You have to keep a new "eco friendly" car for close to ten years to provide any benefit.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
As with anything, whether or not leasing makes sense is completely situational.

I would agree that continually going through news cars every couple years for no other reason to have new cars makes zero financial sense though. Definitely one of the quickest ways to blow though massive amounts of money.

Users who are viewing this thread