Lean Issue Problem !!!!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I recently built my engine with forged goodies added a Vortech BAP stock injectors , running VP MS101 fuel. Got everything running good with plans of running the 200 wet shot through my NX plate kit with the small solenoids. I got the car dyno tuned made 577whp and 636wtq, but at the track I was disappointed. I was only able to run a best [email protected] w/1.49-60ft. Before with a 125 shot I made 515whp and 568wtq, the car ran [email protected] w/ 1.47-60ft. Is climate, DA, humidity really that big of a factor, I also live in south FL ?? I ran the PB in January when it was cool, and now its Aug/Sept = HOT!! So I wasn't really happy with the shift points got some tune revisions went back to the track picked up some ET & MPH went [email protected] w/ 1.52-60ft. But I had a good amount of lean activity on the data log, at the top of 1st it was .96 Lambda at the top of 2nd it was at .88 the top of 3rd it was .82 and at the stripe it was .84 . I tried to run a bigger fuel just went from a .36 jet which NX recommends for the 200shot up to .41 fuel jet with little to no improvement. I checked the BAP I got 17.7VDC going to the FPDM and rail pressure is 55psi and never dropped below 52psi on a run with Nitrous on. Please any advise would be great. Also I have a brand new set of Brisk silver 2 heat ranges colder plugs I planed to use but a couple people said I'm fine with the NGK Iridium 6510 / LTR7IX-11 one range colder.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
you need 11.0-11.7 AFR to be safe. Get that puppy on the dyno and have them tune it with the nitrous. Or say bye bye to your motor.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Stock injectors at 580rwhp? That's the issue man. That sounds crazy, us FI guys run 1000cc on a 17v bap.. That's on a stock engine. Not only that but a 200 shot hit probably drains the rails that's why when you went to a bigger fuel jet you didn't see a change..yikes

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I recently built my engine with forged goodies added a Vortech BAP stock injectors , running VP MS101 fuel. Got everything running good with plans of running the 200 wet shot through my NX plate kit with the small solenoids. I got the car dyno tuned made 577whp and 636wtq, but at the track I was disappointed. I was only able to run a best [email protected] w/1.49-60ft. Before with a 125 shot I made 515whp and 568wtq, the car ran [email protected] w/ 1.47-60ft. Is climate, DA, humidity really that big of a factor, I also live in south FL ?? I ran the PB in January when it was cool, and now its Aug/Sept = HOT!! So I wasn't really happy with the shift points got some tune revisions went back to the track picked up some ET & MPH went [email protected] w/ 1.52-60ft. But I had a good amount of lean activity on the data log, at the top of 1st it was .96 Lambda at the top of 2nd it was at .88 the top of 3rd it was .82 and at the stripe it was .84 . I tried to run a bigger fuel just went from a .36 jet which NX recommends for the 200shot up to .41 fuel jet with little to no improvement. I checked the BAP I got 17.7VDC going to the FPDM and rail pressure is 55psi and never dropped below 52psi on a run with Nitrous on. Please any advise would be great. Also I have a brand new set of Brisk silver 2 heat ranges colder plugs I planed to use but a couple people said I'm fine with the NGK Iridium 6510 / LTR7IX-11 one range colder.

wait... your seeing .96 and .88? Thats a 14.05 and a 12.88 A/F 3rd is a 12.0 and a .84 is a 12.29

I hope you were not spraying this run. Should look at your IAT, ECT, load, and MAF freq as well.

On the weather, this humidity will kill a car a lot. I wouldn't worry about DA on a nitrous car though. Your creating your own. This is why I will not race in the summer here. Call me. Don't be a stranger. LOL

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Whos tune is it? .96, .88 and even .84 is too lean spraying.

Also might think about getting some bigger injectors.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
He said it was good when he dyno tuned it for the 200 shot , asfar as injectors I was told the additional fuel is being supplied by the N20 jet , and that o would be OK with stock injectors.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Why is it people think larger injectors will fix the issue? As I see it the injectors only need to be able to supply sufficient fuel for the engine NA, with that said the additional fuel needed for a 200 shot is added though the fuel jet into the plate and with a BAP there was minimal loss of fuel psi at the rail.

CharlieR

Established Member
What are fuel trims doing? What is the commanded Lambda vs. What you're actual reading? I suspect an issue with fuel solenoid, (blockage, can't flow enough for the 200, just plain bad ect) but could be other issues as well. Like throttle closing due to Torque management gremlins(check: load, MAF Hz) these gremlins sometimes don't show up on the dyno only in real world conditions. Good luck, I'll stick to my little 100 shot. :)

Users who are viewing this thread