Lean Condition

lawdude

Established Member
I've been getting intermittent (maybe every 2d or 3rd day) engine code for lean condition bank 2. Today I got lean condition for bank 1 and 2. What causes that/what is the fix?

Van@RevanRacing

When was the last time you changed your plugs? You might need to data log short term fuel trims and make sure your front O2's are reading correctly. C-16 can foul front O2 sensors. My 13 has 4,300 miles and I just put in my 3rd set of plugs.

lawdude

Established Member
Hello Van. Plugs are BR7EF gapped at .028 and have less than a thousand miles on them.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
My car eats O2 sensors.....headers no cats 3" exhaust...I get random lean codes even though I run a super fat methanol tune....low 10's to high 9's A/F at WOT...I usually replace 3 or 4 per season. Not sure if they are related but I do know my tune is not lean.

lawdude

Established Member
My tune is not lean either.

Some causes for the codes I found online:

Vacuum leak, dirty MAF, EGR valve problem, restricted feul filter, bad O2 sensor.

lawdude

Established Member
Let's change that fuel filter and replace your O2's for the sake of just doing it. Have they seen C-16 Fuel? If so, yes we need to change both ASAP.

C16 - yep. I'll get the fuel filter changed today. It'll be next week before I can change out the O2 sensors.

lawdude

Established Member
Managed to get fuel filter and O2 sensors changed today. If you're going to pony wars tomorrow I'll see you there.

Van@RevanRacing

Managed to get fuel filter and O2 sensors changed today. If you're going to pony wars tomorrow I'll see you there.

I won't be going to Pony Wars. Taking my son to the Monster Truck Jam tomorrow night. :beer: How did that fuel filter look that you took out and how's the car running now?

lawdude

Established Member
I won't be going to Pony Wars. Taking my son to the Monster Truck Jam tomorrow night. :beer: How did that fuel filter look that you took out and how's the car running now?

Dropped car off at dealership so I didn't see the filter . Car is running fine but, other than codes, it ran fine before. I hope codes don't show up at pony wars.

Users who are viewing this thread