Leakng brake fluid Help

venom50

Established Member
My truck is leaking brake fluid out of the sensor right on top of the master cylinder right were the electrical connector plugs in .whats this sensor called and is it a dealer part autozone doesnt carry it .Thanx guys

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Disconnect that as soon as possible...............

your truck is about to catch fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no joke!!

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Then go to your local Ford dealer and get the recall for the cruise control done asap............

venom50

Established Member
i freaked out too and disconnected it.I had ford do the recall part on it like 4 years ago but that sensor that the wire hooks up to is leaking from the top i saw a oil drip stain when i had a flat at the shop.:fm:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Unplug your battery now. If you have not had the recall for that part done yet it could cause a fire. You'll need to get the updated part from a Ford dealer.

venom50

Established Member
it does have the recall part installed on it i took the truck in for the recall and ford put in that longer jumper part with a blue tag on it.Its the sensor that leaking

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
i freaked out too and disconnected it.I had ford do the recall part on it like 4 years ago but that sensor that the wire hooks up to is leaking from the top i saw a oil drip stain when i had a flat at the shop.:fm:

Okay, sounds like you might be safe from fire but that means you will have to replace the sensor. The number I have is for the repair kit which includes the wire and switch. 1L1Z-9F924-AA is shows for $11.00 on my Ford website.

venom50

Established Member
thanks ill head out to my local ford dealer and pick the kit up i might as well install a whole new kit just to be on the safe side

venom50

Established Member
I purchased the repair kit and fixed it .Im still a little freaked out everyone should check theirs out part was only like $20 and 10 min to replace.Later guys

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
The switch cancels the cruize control when it senses brake pressure. It's just a simple diaphram switch and over time they fail due to brake fluid corrosion and constant flexing when the brakes are applied. Fires start because the circuit has constant battery power and was unfused, when the switch starts leaking the wires slowly get hotter and hotter and catch fire. The fused jumper should stop this from happening but a leaking switch should be unplugged and replaced ASAP. Replacement sould take less time than it takes to open the hood of your truck. One wrench on the bottom of the switch and it sould spin out by hand after the first turn. Part is cheap like stated.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
The switch cancels the cruize control when it senses brake pressure. It's just a simple diaphram switch and over time they fail due to brake fluid corrosion and constant flexing when the brakes are applied. Fires start because the circuit has constant battery power and was unfused, when the switch starts leaking the wires slowly get hotter and hotter and catch fire. The fused jumper should stop this from happening but a leaking switch should be unplugged and replaced ASAP. Replacement sould take less time than it takes to open the hood of your truck. One wrench on the bottom of the switch and it sould spin out by hand after the first turn. Part is cheap like stated.

The new switch which has been available for a while now is an updated\revised design which helps eliminate the root cause of the "short". (Brake fluid leaking internally into the electrical contacts)

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread