Leaking/smoking heater core on my 01? mystery smoke

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
So I've never had any smoke coming from my engine, but lately i've noticed when I put on the heat it kind of smells of engine (not really discernably oily or coolant smell but just an overall smell) and I just assumed it was because I have a breather system and the extra venting was getting sucked into the fan intake... so didint think much of it.

But I turned on my car and popped the hood the other day to check the oil level and there was a wispy white smoke coming from the very back passenger side of my engine bay. It was coming from lower than as far as I can see on the valve cover so I'm really confused to as what else it could be since theres nothing back there to leak really besides the valve cover itself, but there's absolutely 0 dripping coming from the car and I couldn't see anywhere that had a leak, just the smoke

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
So, ever since you deleted the proper crankcase breathing system,
you have an engine smell in the cabin.
I wonder what it could be.

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
Im used to the normal cabin smell, this was a significant enough amount of smoke and extra smell coming from the back right of the engine bay to warrant my attention.

Im not that stupid lol

Users who are viewing this thread