Leaking Intercooler Adapter Inlet - How to fix?

TurboJuice

Established Member
Has anyone ever had their intercooler adapter inlet leak? I noticed a dips coming from the inlet nipple, so i pulled the hose off and could easily wiggle the entire inlet tube.

Is this common, is there an easy long-term fix or should I trash the adapter?

Adapter_zpsbhhe7evo.jpg

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Picture doesn't work and I'm not really sure what you're talking about. See if you can fix picture.

TurboJuice

Established Member
Adapter_zpsbhhe7evo.jpg

Does this work. I just started using Google Photos for hosting, but am not sure it is sharing them.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Pic works now. Only way to fix that press fit piece is to get it aluminum welded up. Or replace the entire block piece with another factory replacement or go aftermarket as shown above.

cj428mach

Established Member
I can't see the pics but I think you're describing the press in tubes where the hoses go leak?

If so why not remove the tube and drill and tap the housing for a hose barb. Here is one that some one drilled and tapped in NPT so they could use AN fittings.

$_1.JPG

Use something like this
cb-hose-barbs.jpg

I'm just guessing here since I can't see the pics.

TurboJuice

Established Member
Well i got my new motor fired up and found a big oil leak at my new canton pan. Frustrating because i thought it installed it flawlessly!

So this coolant leak doesn't seem so bad now in comparison. I think I am just going to drill these fitting out and weld on some barbed fittings to make sure nothing ever leaks again.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Bummer on the oil leak. Probably the easiest way is to secure the engine with a stand that goes between the two fenders (can get one at harbor freight) and drop the k-member out the way.

Pics are no longer viewable again. Mike you got the right thing. That's exactly what he showed leaking except the one on the left.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Bummer on the oil leak. Probably the easiest way is to secure the engine with a stand that goes between the two fenders (can get one at harbor freight) and drop the k-member out the way.

Pics are no longer viewable again. Mike you got the right thing. That's exactly what he showed leaking except the one on the left.

Yep. The "tool" to hold the motor is around $75, but worth every penny in these situations.

Users who are viewing this thread