LCA relo brackets and sway bar clearence

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I installed the upr lca relocation brackets yesterday and the rear swaybar is hitting the brackets on both sides. The brackets are welded so i want to know there is another sway bar that will clear them. Oh and i have sway bar relocation brackets which i think its the cause of the issue with the lca brackets. If not i will just leave it the way it is i guess :shrug:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I just grinded my brackets and sway bar a little until the sway bar cleared.

I didnt want to grind the brackets because I want as much meat as possible on them. I will look at the whiteline swaybar.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The pic of the underside of the mustang on their website shows the bar is no where near the lca's and beefcake will sell it to you cheap!

jrhaden

Boost>*
Established Member
The amount you need to remove is minimal. Bmr and a couple others already have that area machined for clearance reasons.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Oh no trust me i would have to remove alot of it and even then it might still rub. I will take pics later this week when i paint the brackets. Heat might work.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I have the exact same lca brackets and sway bar brackets

i will just get the whiteline kit it looks pretty good. btw a little off topic but how do you like the upr brackets and have you launched them hard? im still a little afraid even though there are some welds to reinforce them but i have see pics of them bending pretty bad.

jrhaden

Boost>*
Established Member
Ive got a turbo auto car so my car doesnt leave on them real hard but its made 750hp and ran 9.76@146 and they seem to be working fine.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Ive got a turbo auto car so my car doesnt leave on them real hard but its made 750hp and ran 9.76@146 and they seem to be working fine.

that's pretty impressive. i guess i have more peace of mind now LOL. is not leaving fast but it must be putting a lot of load on them on the shifts and down the track taking this heavy car to a 9.7 et.

Users who are viewing this thread