Lc-1 wideband install issues

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
So ive been trying to get my new Lc-1 wideband controller to work with my speedhut gauge. I followed all the wiring as noted in the instructions. I ran a ground wire from the battery for all of my grounds. I have no problems with the fuel pressure gauge I installed but the a/f gauge just stays at 10 or 11. I calibrated the lc-1 twice to try and get it to work. The gauge is set to work with the lc-1. I double checked all my wiring and in some cases cut and sodered again. Looking for any ideas on how to get this thing to work. Starting to get frustrated. Thanks in advance.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
So ive been trying to get my new Lc-1 wideband controller to work with my speedhut gauge. I followed all the wiring as noted in the instructions. I ran a ground wire from the battery for all of my grounds. I have no problems with the fuel pressure gauge I installed but the a/f gauge just stays at 10 or 11. I calibrated the lc-1 twice to try and get it to work. The gauge is set to work with the lc-1. I double checked all my wiring and in some cases cut and sodered again. Looking for any ideas on how to get this thing to work. Starting to get frustrated. Thanks in advance.

I use a innovate LED gauge with my LC-1 it works great and i have had no issues at all....wiring it up is tricky if you dont read and re-read the insructions a few times

ripnesscobra

Established Member
When you turn the key on does your wideband oxygen sensor start to warm up?

Did you use the analog 2 connections from the LC1?

Did you follow the first time use instructions for the LC1?

Is your speedhut gauge powering up properly?

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
When you turn the key on does your wideband oxygen sensor start to warm up?

yes, blinks for a few then gets solid (as per instructions)

Did you use the analog 2 connections from the LC1?

i used analog 1 as per an install thread on this forum, i will go try analog 2.

Did you follow the first time use instructions for the LC1?

yes i did it the first time, then did the cal again later to make sure i didnt jack it up.

Is your speedhut gauge powering up properly?

yeah when i turn the key on the gauges cycle

ripnesscobra

Established Member
Switching to Analog 2 should fix your issue. The directions say that Analog 1 is a simulated narrowband signal while Analog 2 is the wideband signal.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice job guys
Most aftermarket gauges use the 0-5v analog out as a input signal. Your w/b instructions should specify which wire this is.

polo

I just signed up with this forum just to give a huge THANKS to ripnesscobra! I have a 580rwhp 2009 Pontiac G8 GT that I was trying to install an LC-1 and speedhut wideband gauge on, and I also had the gauge wired to the yellow analog 1 wire and couldn't figure out why my gauge wasn't working properly.

I was also getting readings around 10-11, so I rewired nearly everything thinking that it was probably a bad ground or wire connection. I messed around with it for a few hours tonight and was completely stumped, but a quick Google search brought me to this thread. I switched the wires, and now it works perfectly! The instructions for the LC-1 say that you can use either the yellow or brown wire, so using the analog 1 connection made most sense to connect to my yellow gauge wire. Not until the end of the instruction manual does it mention anything about the yellow wire being used for narrow-band installations, so it's really easy to overlook.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread