Lawn Mower Thread

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
i have .67acres and my house it located fairly closer to the street, so i have alot of yard to the side and back. my home 1850sq ft. i currently pay to get it done, but kinda on the do it myself boat too. Subscribing!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Honda FTW. Have had mine for 15 years - haven't changed the oil - runs like a top. My Dad had one for over 20 years and gave it to a worker for a wedding gift. They are bulletproof.

Hell no to a corded mower. No batteries for me.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Here's my 15 year old 21", 6-1/2hp B&S Craftsman high wheeler.
- It takes me about 1-1/4 hours to mow our lawn (I don't putz either).
- Original blade, sharpened about 20 times.
- Oil change at least 1/year. Sometimes I do it when I put it away and when I get it out.
- Always used 5W-30 Motorcraft up to 5 years ago, since then 5W-30 Mobil1 Synthetic.
- Used ethanol-free premium for the last ~8 years.
- Always put in Stabil, and the past 2 years Royal Purple Max Clean.
- Changed the air filter about 3 times.
- Changed the plug twice.
- Starts the first pull religiously.
- After mowing when the engine cools down, I always spray it off (underneath and top) with the hose. The cut grass is great for holding moisture and promoting rust. That's why it looks so good.
- Then I start it up and let it run for 15-30 seconds to dry out underneath a bit.
- I've replaced the rear wheels twice and the fronts once.
- I thought about buying a self-propelled or a rider model, but I need to get my fat ass out there and excercise a little bit.
- It runs fantastic.
- And After 15 years, it's chewin' up the lawn like a dog on a bone.

IMG_2597.jpg

Some people are fans, others live it...
Lambeau West.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Well I ended up buying a Troy-Built 21" with the Honda 6.5 hp. Mowed the front, back, and side yards last night and it kicked ass. Starts super easy and definitely has the Honda reliability. Has the bagger attachment, mulcher, and side shoot. Got it for 250 and had some car play money hanging around that helped the sting.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
You'll be happy with that. I think you'd have regretted getting a corded mower really badly.

I agree. It cut like a champ, easy starts, and runs like a Honda should and does. Can't really be unhappy with my purchase. It mulched like a champ too which is good since I want to grass cycle. My grass is a bit sad (bought the house like that).

jaxbusa

Established Member
Excellent choice. Remember to put fuel stabilizer in it when you store it for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Excellent choice. Remember to put fuel stabilizer in it when you store it for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I should probably do this, but I never have. My Gravely mower and all my Stihl equipment fires right up like it was only sitting for a day vs. 5 months every spring though. I don't use ethanol free gas either.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
All my small engine stuff, other than the rider, gets engineered fuel now. No more fouled carbs.

It's not cheap, but it takes a long time to burn thru a gallon (except my tiller)

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
I haven't been happy with my Husqvarna mower with the B&S motor. I had to take it in for warranty service after the first mowing season for it not starting and running properly. I have used ethanol free fuel since and not had the same problem but it still takes 5-7 pulls to get it to start.
Growing up, my Dad had a Honda push mower. That thing was flawless. Started right up first pull every time. I'd recommend anything with a Honda motor over B&S.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Troy Built TB200 so when I mow trash at around the shop, it bags it and doesn't piss me off picking up $150 worth of scratch off that all the neighborhood non working victims of life like to tear into 10 pieces and throw them on our property, everyday, all day.

I have a 60" Hustler ZTR for everything else, and I love my Stihl FS 91 R weed eater, best purchase for yard work ever. It's light, never had an issues, and it's a badass machine.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Glad you didn't go for electric, I have the full set of Lowes 80 volt Kobalt cutters and couldn't imagine doing a lot larger than my little residential 8k sq ft. When the grass is dry and not too long I can mow/trim/blow with 2 batteries. If the grass is wet and long (like it is now) I can use up to 5 batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread