Launch control for 98 4v ?

Boosted_Drop

Established Member
If you are referring to like a 2step, I am using a n2mb wot box in my 97 cobra. Has built in 2step and wot shifting feature built in

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
When you dump raw fuel into the exhaust you're going to destroy the material inside the cat. It's going to ball up, clog the exhaust, cause severe power loss and in my case i was lucky cause i didn't pop a head gasket but it did blow the gasket in between the upper and lower manifold clear out.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Helomech74

Established Member
When you dump raw fuel into the exhaust you're going to destroy the material inside the cat. It's going to ball up, clog the exhaust, cause severe power loss and in my case i was lucky cause i didn't pop a head gasket but it did blow the gasket in between the upper and lower manifold clear out.

That might be the case with a ceramic catalyst, but that's not going to be an issue when running a metal race cat. I've been running them on my cars for as long as I can remember (including my drag car) and never had an issue.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Not true, ceramics tend to break apart and blow out if they get too hot.

Metal cats will literally melt and ball up if you stay on the 2 step too long too many times. I had metal slp cats and it happened.

Helomech74

Established Member
Not true, ceramics tend to break apart and blow out if they get too hot.

Metal cats will literally melt and ball up if you stay on the 2 step too long too many times. I had metal slp cats and it happened.

I guess I must be doing something right then, as I've literally never melted a metal race cat.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
A good LSD, proper rear suspension setup, good tires.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Mexico

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are staying NA the 4.10s. If you plan on FI it depends on what direction you take.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Mexico

Users who are viewing this thread