Late intro, new guy from va

vortech1120

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm Zack, I live in Stafford, Va, and I'm a full time student and work full time. My life has been about cars. I have been on here for a while, just never saw the newbie thread lol.

My first car in high school was a 98 gt. Its what got me into cars, I modded it quite a bit, and actually got PI heads on it, then the rear end gave out. I had cash saved up for a blower, so I decided... keep the beat 98 gt with 180xxx miles, or go with another route?

I ended up with a low mileage Performance Red 2000 gt with a vortech v2 cranking a safe 380rwhp, I was happy.

I later fixed the 98 after buying the newer gt and traded it for a 1969 mustang coupe 302 in Gulfstream Aqua Blue, I recently rebuilt the 302 and currently it's my garage queen/ project/ winter car.

The 2000 GT started having tuning issues, I put in a new 03 cobra fuel system, and tons of hours tuning, I was DONE dumping money into this car. I had driven the 69 to work and school more than the GT...

Once again, I sold the GT a couple months ago, promising myself I would get a more practical car, that would meet my needs of having sporty car and decent fuel economy...

BUT of course... I found a decent 04 Mystichrome Cobra. 3 hours from my house, I looked at it the day I saw it on craigslist and bought it. It has 130xxx miles, but is cleaner than my buddies 03 DSG with 40xxx miles. BONE STOCK and daily driven by an older woman and trust me, this car is CLEAN. Runs very nice and doesnt look like it has that many miles, or any sign of abuse.

Thats my story thanks for listening!
anygydy2.jpg

ahu2azap.jpg

9u4e8age.jpg

du3ejudu.jpg

Unfortunately brought to you by tapatalk

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you joined SVTP, Zach, and awesome that you now own a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra. You were fortunately to get a higher mileage Cobra taken care of like it was. Have fun with it. I have a strong tip for you. These cars can tend to be money magnets so resist the temptation to mod, mod, mod. LOL! If you're going to do anything, keep it simple like intake and exhaust. Or intake, exhaust, shifter, smaller pulley like a 2.90/2.93, new idlers and a tune. It can easily get very expensive and then you likely going to start dealing with little issues here and there. The closer to stock you can keep it, the happier you and your pocketbook will be at this stage of your life. Enjoy it, Zach! :)

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I am just down the road in Hanover. Although it may be a bit longer road than Warrenton...lol Welcome to SVTP.

Users who are viewing this thread