Last Night's Track Results.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
well my best time of the night (4 runs - i got there late) was a 13.420 @107.58

my 60 foot on that run was 2.355 and i got a .142 light.

There is definitely more in the car, its VERY tricky to launch on the sumi's ....

this was my first time at the strip ever, in any car. i started running 14s. once i wheel hopped real bad and had to get out, then i bogged and missed 3rd, hit fifth and just continued on because i was embarassed! Why the hell are they so hard to shift properly? Christ i've had a lot of reasonably quick cars and NEVER had a problem banging gears.

One thing I did notice was that the clutch seemed to loose its adjustment after that first pass when i missed 3rd. There was no free-play and the pedal was right at the top. I adjusted it in the staging lane, but it was still VERY hard to get into 3rd and 4th. 1st to 2nd was ok.

My 3rd pass was a 13.430 and then the last pass of the night i got the 13.420. My reaction times got better as the night progressed. I tried to launch on the street as practice, but the sumi's want nothing to do with hooking on the street. I was fine on the track as long as i didn't side step.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Help? I appreciate the input guys! Thanks for helping out a n00b. :beer:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Reaction time doesn't factor into E.T. You can sit on the line for 2 minutes and still make a 10 second pass. Like I said in the other thread, don't try to be fast your first time out. Focus on getting all your gears and being consistent. Once you get that down, then you can slowly start to launch a little harder, and shift a little quicker.

Some new tires will definitely help you out though. Get a diff brace and some tires, and you'll be able to launch it and get some much better times.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
Maybe black Cobras are just slow lol. :poke:

Hey! You were there to witness my Cobra mockery! I looked for you after my third pass but couldn't find ya.

rotor-powerd - Yea i realize that the light doesn't matter. I just wanted to post as much info as i could because i can't scan the slip here at work. I think getting all the gears is going to be my biggest enemy. :kaboom:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Most important, you had fun, right? Better time slips will come with practice and practice. Above all, continue to have fun with your Cobra. :)

Wayne64SS

Established Member
definitely had fun. only downside is now i have to wait a whole week before i can do it again :( I'm determined to be in the 12s exactly the way it is.

based on my trap is it doable?

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Hey! You were there to witness my Cobra mockery! I looked for you after my third pass but couldn't find ya.

rotor-powerd - Yea i realize that the light doesn't matter. I just wanted to post as much info as i could because i can't scan the slip here at work. I think getting all the gears is going to be my biggest enemy. :kaboom:

Yea after my 4th run I went to get some food, sat in the stands, ate, then loaded up.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
definitely had fun. only downside is now i have to wait a whole week before i can do it again :( I'm determined to be in the 12s exactly the way it is.

based on my trap is it doable?

Your trap is a little low for these cars, you will see it go up as you get more familiar with the gears, though. You can get a 12 easily with these cars, just got to know how to drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread