Large gap in hp/tq on dyno

blackvette101

Established Member
I asked him about the af climbing like that and he said everything was fine. I will go ahead and flash back to the bama tune for now though.

if he said everything was fine you need to never speak to him again. The bama tune may be just as bad. It made even less power it may have leaned out too maybe even worse or it may just have less timing. their might be a hardware problem. Do not go WOT until you get a proper tune and put it on the dyno to confirm a good afr.

BTW my current set up at 588 rwhp is on 100% stock fuel system including stock injectors. You shouldn't need fuel upgrades.

Last edited:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
if he said everything was fine you need to never speak to him again. The bama tune may be just as bad. It made even less power it may have leaned out too maybe even worse or it may just have less timing. their might be a hardware problem. Do not go WOT until you get a proper tune and put it on the dyno to confirm a good afr.

BTW my current set up at 588 rwhp is on 100% stock fuel system including stock injectors. You shouldn't need fuel upgrades.

601/605 stock fuel system, but next time you dyno see what your injectors and pump are running @.

TORQJNKY

601/605 stock fuel system, but next time you dyno see what your injectors and pump are running @.

The trend I see in this thread is, "let's see how far we can push the stock fuel system". Not a good idea IMO, but if others have had good results to 600RWHP with a good tune and you are comfortable with that, by all means, save yourself some money. I've never been one to run a fuel system to the ragged edge to save a buck. A good rule of thumb is you shouldn't exceed 80% Injector Duty Cycle if at all possible. If your injectors get to a static operating condition, they are no longer able to control fuel flow and you can have bigger problems.

blackvette101 said it, "get a good tune" and you'll get it worked out. Good luck. :beer:

blackvette101

Established Member
The trend I see in this thread is, "let's see how far we can push the stock fuel system". Not a good idea IMO, but if others have had good results to 600RWHP with a good tune and you are comfortable with that, by all means, save yourself some money. I've never been one to run a fuel system to the ragged edge to save a buck. A good rule of thumb is you shouldn't exceed 80% Injector Duty Cycle if at all possible. If your injectors get to a static operating condition, they are no longer able to control fuel flow and you can have bigger problems.

blackvette101 said it, "get a good tune" and you'll get it worked out. Good luck. :beer:

At 588 rwhp mine were at 92% and at 552 rwhp with upper pulley only they were at 86%. Still above 80% but most tuners are comfortable running them up to 90%. I haven't heard the 80% IDC limit in awhile. I guess everybody has their own risk tolerance.

Last edited:

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
As of right now . 659/648 , afr 11.7 , injectors dc still good, pump dc 98%. max boost 16.8 lbs. tvs with 2.4 upper pulley only. stock tb and stock cats. Jlt 123 cai. Tuner told me to add bap that's it. WIll post dyno graph after i resize them.

TORQJNKY

At 588 rwhp mine were at 92% and at 552 rwhp with upper pulley only they were at 86%. Still above 80% but most tuners are comfortable running them up to 90%. I haven't heard the 80% IDC limit in awhile. I guess everybody has their own risk tolerance.

Yeah, I'm old. :D I guess modern day injectors are pretty reliable. I'd just rather spend the money to make sure I have the headroom.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^ I agree with you and the other guys! my old 07 with more mods than him, long tubes and a crank pulley made 577/572 on the stock fuel system, I was maxing out the duty cycle right above 6k rpm. Something else is definitely wrong, I'd start with the basic tune up items, get an SCT tuner and go find someone who knows what they are doing so your car will be safe. Buy some NGK TR6 part #4177 I believe at the auto parts store and gap to .032 add some antiseize to the threads and then go get retuned. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread