LANCER EVO. TRIED ME..

L3thal 324

Established Member
to be fair though.... ialmost bought one . but i would use it for its true purpose and there is no place in houston to LEGALLY rally cross hahaha

MrBonus

Established Member
Originally posted by SnkBtn99
Was your Cobra wrecked and you were pulling it around on a flatbed trailer under a tarp?

I don't include the pimply faced Honduh drivers that get wood at every FWD vehicle.

No, it was a spotless, Zaino'd True Blue '01 Cobra.

I've actually met quite a few turbo DSM owners that are more than eager to talk shop as well as prospective buyers and general car fanatics.

I've also had the fair share of your cookie-cutter riceboys asking if I'd seen 2 Fast 2 Furious.

I'm not saying that my Cobra didn't get attention but, honestly, most people don't know the difference between an SVT and a V6.

I'm not putting down the Cobra in any way so, please, retract the fangs. I'm here as a previous owner and fellow speed freak. :D

Steeltwo

Established Member
Originally posted by MrBonus
No, it was a spotless, Zaino'd True Blue '01 Cobra.

I've actually met quite a few turbo DSM owners that are more than eager to talk shop as well as prospective buyers and general car fanatics.

i tried to talk with a EVO owner last night

he just bought a black one

dude didn't know the gas pedal from the ebrake.

:(

wheelspin

Established Member
Not to dreg up this crap-fest. But didn't motor trend later test a Corvette Vert, and a Cobra vert, and the Cobra beat the vette with like a 12.6 or some such? Or am I remembering wrong? And a Vert is heavier...

What gives there?

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
May 2003 issue both Convertibles.....Vette - [email protected], Cobra 13.12 @ 109.58

I have said this a zillion times, but....most of the time when the Cobra runs the Qtr, the driver does a burnout....not in a street race.... the starter box at the strip is generally stickier than the street too......

a street race is hardly ever a full Qtr mile...... all of that makes for a damn close race for a stock cobra vs stock evo.....

Modified vs Modified the cobra should crush the evo (especially with drag tires on the cobra)..... plus look at the trap speeds...110mph vs 102 for the evo.....

I ran my totally stock Evo at maple grove when there was a totally stock Cobra there...he eventually ran a 12.9 and my best was 13.409......but he did a burnout....... but probably would have won without a burnout...

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by mosconiac
I've said it once, I'll say it again...SHOW NO MERCY. :)

I agree with ya. Down with them all! LOL This kid in an EVO was revin' his engine at me and needed the practice with this KB, so I let him have it. BAD! I have it on video. I should have it up in a week or so.

I know it's a waste of gas for me, but it's still fun :)

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Originally posted by wheelspin
Not to dreg up this crap-fest. But didn't motor trend later test a Corvette Vert, and a Cobra vert, and the Cobra beat the vette with like a 12.6 or some such? Or am I remembering wrong? And a Vert is heavier...

What gives there?
w

I believe the cobra is way heavier, cuhz it has the s/c intercooler and all them goodies, also the vettes hyave no electronic thing for the rag top the mustangs do, makeing it heavier

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
dont get it. the cobra can do 0-60 in 4.8 secs.
but 0-100 its 11.25?
thats some shit. I dont see how it cant go 40 MPH more it shouldnt take 7 secounds to get 40 MPH up that is shit man!

http://www.motortrend.com/features/scenes/112_0306_spdtest/index1.html
Go there the 0-100-0 that some weird shit i wanna know about that, u guys plz reply 2 this.

Everything iv seen puts the Cobra's 0-100 in the low 10's... nearly a half to a full second slower than the Z06. Thats not bad when concidering nearly 600lbs weight difference.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by msp282
May 2003 issue both Convertibles.....Vette - [email protected], Cobra 13.12 @ 109.58

I have said this a zillion times, but....most of the time when the Cobra runs the Qtr, the driver does a burnout....not in a street race.... the starter box at the strip is generally stickier than the street too......

a street race is hardly ever a full Qtr mile...... all of that makes for a damn close race for a stock cobra vs stock evo.....

Modified vs Modified the cobra should crush the evo (especially with drag tires on the cobra)..... plus look at the trap speeds...110mph vs 102 for the evo.....

I ran my totally stock Evo at maple grove when there was a totally stock Cobra there...he eventually ran a 12.9 and my best was 13.409......but he did a burnout....... but probably would have won without a burnout...

The Vette coupe and the Vette vert weigh exactly the same which explains why it seems the 3200lbs Vette vert hangs with the Cobra vert alittle bit better than the LS1 Vette coupe can hang with the Cobra coupe.

The EVO stock, based off of the hype iv been hereing, sounds like it'll run a low 13's on a good day. Vice versa Iv heard of some 03 Cobra Coupes run low 12's bone stock on a good day... (I think the best reported bone stock run being a 12.4) Thats nearly full second. (low 12's to low 13's) Now im not the most experienced individual to be running my mouth off about E/T's and what not, but I do know a full second in the racing world is quite a bit of time, esspecially when it comes to cars dipping into the 10's 11's and 12's.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Someone post a link to a good EVo Forum and we can all go their and see what they are saying.

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
www.evolutionm.net - let the invation begin.. :D

I did race a modified cobra tonight in my 100% stock Evo.... we went from a dead stop and he even had drag radials.... I was ahead until 80mph when he caught me...and he would have crushed me at that point.....

but..he has 420rwhp and drag radials vs my totally stock evo. A totally stock cobra would have had me in the lead for at least another 10-20mph..... which is basically the ¼ mile....

no time for burnouts, lowering tire pressure, etc.. .like at the strip.... my car = rev high and dump. :)

once again...i do have a 2003 cobra too...which i also raced against a Aftermarket supercharged GT... from a 30mph roll, i would be ahead until 100mph or so, then he would take off....

he said he had 420rwhp and i am sure 200-400lbs less to haul.... but I had fun anyway. :)

Wild Bill

Established Member
All I know is they are no match for my Cobra.With 420rwhp and drag radials Im not buying it.He would pass a stock Evo way before 80mph.I run bolt on Camaros and WS6s a lot and usually I launch soft as hell letting them get 2 cars on me before I really get into it then blow by them like they are standing still.No way in hell is a stock Evo a match in the 1/4 for a modded 03. I also wasted an Evo twice once from a roll and once from a stop.He never had me and even if he would have put 2 cars on me off launch I would have caught him by second gear.I ran from him hard.My girl also beat an Evo in my Cobra and she is not one of those girls that knows how to drive fast.

03DOHC

Established Member
www.evolutionm.net - let the invation begin.. :D

I did race a modified cobra tonight in my 100% stock Evo.... we went from a dead stop and he even had drag radials.... I was ahead until 80mph when he caught me...and he would have crushed me at that point.....

but..he has 420rwhp and drag radials vs my totally stock evo. A totally stock cobra would have had me in the lead for at least another 10-20mph..... which is basically the ¼ mile....

no time for burnouts, lowering tire pressure, etc.. .like at the strip.... my car = rev high and dump. :)

once again...i do have a 2003 cobra too...which i also raced against a Aftermarket supercharged GT... from a 30mph roll, i would be ahead until 100mph or so, then he would take off....

he said he had 420rwhp and i am sure 200-400lbs less to haul.... but I had fun anyway. :)
My friend runs consistent 12.2's with his 425rwhp 03 Cobra and he doesn't powershift or do anything other than drive to the track with the same setup you'll run into him on the street with. I seriously doubt you beat that Cobra with your stock evo to 80mph. More like you beat the driver.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I cant believe you own an 03 Cobra and are on the SVT site saying your stock Evo can take a modded Cobra.Dude, put the crack pipe down!

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
I NEVER said the evo could "take" the cobra.... just that it is ahead up to 80mph.......

The Evo can do 1.7-1.8 60' times even on shitty streets.....(not a nice pretty launch box after a burnout).... that is all I am saying... at that point I had a decent enough distance on the guy that it took him until 80mph (in my car) to catch me...

Look at the dragstrip slips and they say about the same thing....evo at 1/8-1000ft is close to the same as a "stock" cobra....but that is with burnouts and clean starting....

A rolling race from any speed is the Cobra's for sure! I had always said (once i bought both) that in a quick street race (80mph is a decent speed for a street race) that the evo would win due to the launch.....

o well..... i had fun either way, and i made a special trip to drop off my cobra to get the evo...so i was in the cobra for 3/4 of the night...does that make me back to "ok". :D

03DOHC

Established Member
I NEVER said the evo could "take" the cobra.... just that it is ahead up to 80mph.......

The Evo can do 1.7-1.8 60' times even on shitty streets.....(not a nice pretty launch box after a burnout).... that is all I am saying... at that point I had a decent enough distance on the guy that it took him until 80mph (in my car) to catch me...

Look at the dragstrip slips and they say about the same thing....evo at 1/8-1000ft is close to the same as a "stock" cobra....but that is with burnouts and clean starting....

A rolling race from any speed is the Cobra's for sure! I had always said (once i bought both) that in a quick street race (80mph is a decent speed for a street race) that the evo would win due to the launch.....

o well..... i had fun either way, and i made a special trip to drop off my cobra to get the evo...so i was in the cobra for 3/4 of the night...does that make me back to "ok". :D
Sorry, but you sound too much like a ricer. More power to you and enjoy your cars.

Users who are viewing this thread