LANCER EVO. TRIED ME..

Wild Bill

Established Member
Hissman,trust me Im not worried I look for these cars on the street.To msp282...I do get in a lot of street races but I also look for them.There are a lot of imports out in LV,still you are right I dont see them very often.I have yet to see an STI,and I havent seen another 03 Cobra for awhile. I also believe that Hissman could have done what he says as I have raced some pretty quick NA Cobras.Even my old bolt on Gt could hold its own with many cars.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Man, i live in West Virginia, and within 10 miles of my house there are 4 SRT4's, 6 STi's, and I don't know how many '03 Cobras. You see them everywhere around her. There are dealerships, at least two for every make within 15 miles, and the largest SVT dealership in WV about 7 miles from my house. Maybe that is why I see them so often. Bad thing is that a lot of them are owned by older adults that wont run you.

mybad03svt

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I had a f-ing pumped up mazda 3 turbo pull up at a light and "rev" on me! I just laughed and said "oh hell no!" The light turned and I rolled hard into the throttle, even with my 305 m/t dr's I spun hard, we were about dead even when I caught traction and instantly pulled 2 cars on him! Im still laughing as we pull up to the next light and hes looking at me like I'm the devil! He asked me what the "F" I have under the hood? I said one word.....TERMINATOR!
I truly dont think he even knew what he raced against! Hahahahah

"whats that smell.....I think your rice is burning!"

mybad03svt

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The (STI,EVO,SRT4's etc) lets just call them "burning RICE" think they are FAST (lol)
I have raced several of each flavor, all modified, and NONE stand a chance from a roll. One EVO claimed to be pumping 30 lbs of boost and 500 hp, left his rice smoldering in my exhaust. Hell, even a 96 ws6 T/A with twin turbos (Black with flame paint job) claimed to be making 600 hp got his ass walked 3 cars to 100!! You could hear this f-ing thing charging up from behind over my exhaust!! Dam that turbo whine was loud! But it wasnt fast enough! Only thing that has left me was a pumped gt500 (chased me down to kick my ass after I did a burnout in front of him!!) and a twin turbo porsche that left me from a light (although I was reeling him in before he let off). If your stock, its close with the ricers, but if your 03 Terninator is just pullied and tuned......SEE YA!!!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Wow dude you can start a new thread instead of bringing one back from 6 years ago.

Edit: But it was pretty interesting reading those comments from so long ago lol.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
How do you know he had a full exhaust and chip????

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I opened the thread and read the first couple posts thinking... wtf there is suddenly a lot of tards trying to compare cobras and evos.

Then saw the posting date and realized the car had just come out.

Just leave dead threads alone.

yellowbra

Established Member
I saw an Evo at the track a couple weeks ago and the best it could do was 13.8 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

I can miss 3rd gear and still beat that..............

right when I had my 04 cobra(had x pipe and cat back) I missed a 3rd gear shift, but I got my best 60ft of the day(1.9). I ended running a 13.0 @ 75mph. I thought I broke the trans I grinded it so bad.

EDIT: Wow I didn't even noticed the post were from 03.

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I had a f-ing pumped up mazda 3 turbo pull up at a light and "rev" on me! I just laughed and said "oh hell no!" The light turned and I rolled hard into the throttle, even with my 305 m/t dr's I spun hard, we were about dead even when I caught traction and instantly pulled 2 cars on him! Im still laughing as we pull up to the next light and hes looking at me like I'm the devil! He asked me what the "F" I have under the hood? I said one word.....TERMINATOR!
I truly dont think he even knew what he raced against! Hahahahah

"whats that smell.....I think your rice is burning!"
Sooooo your 470whp car beat a Twin Turbo LS1?

:pop:

DarkEvo9

Established Member
Not all Evo guys are idiots but I will admit some are. But I have also seen a lot of Cobra guys that had the same huge ego thinking nothing could stop there big supercharged V8 lol. Evos and Cobras are always good matches for each other.

tribalightning

2 MUCH TRQ
Established Member
No need for flame but i have actually been considering trading in the lightning for an evo....buddy at work has one with about 3500 in it and just popped a an 11.4 1/4 with faulty plug wires....ten sec car for sure. i dont consider evos and sti's rice....they are sweet cars!

tribalightning

2 MUCH TRQ
Established Member
agreed greg! its a dope car but i always say i wanted a V8 since i was 10 and now that i got it, it's allllll mine lol turbos sound sweet though!

01svtdude

what is traction
Established Member
i just ran an evo7 saturday night and won the first run by two cars and he got the second one cause i tried a bit harder launch but spin fest and lost by 1 car. im n/a and i was on bald street tires. it was a friend of mine and he just got it bone stock except a 2 step.

MrBonus

Established Member
I've owned an Evo VIII, a Porsche 997S, Mazdaspeed 3, Lexus LX450, Mercedes ML320, Mini Cooper JCW, and now an Evo X since the last time I saw this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread