lambda vs af?

slowsi

Established Member
Looking into getting a wideband for my cobra, but i also have access to a five gas analizer/speed dyno. For a wideband to work correctly it has to be pre o2 sensor. I was woundring how come i can get a lambda reading out the tail pipe? Any light on this subject would be awsome. I understand the basics but would like to know more. thanks

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
You can put a wideband anywhere in your exhaust and you will get a reading. The most accurate is about 18" from your exhaust valves, and before any catalytic converters.

The tailpipe sniffers they use on the dyno do the same thing, but won't be as accurate since the exhaust has traveled through the whole system before reaching the sniffer.

03Cobran00b

Banned
Honestly,I don`t know,i`m going by what i`ve read.I`m sure it can vary.I`m sure someone else will chime in.

Yeah I figured you would say that:-D. You're an Honest person:rollseyes. I'm going to have fun after i tune the car. Imagine having a car for 1.5 months without stepping hard on the gas:uh oh:... just thinking of it pisses me off:cuss:.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
You can put a wideband anywhere in your exhaust and you will get a reading. The most accurate is about 18" from your exhaust valves, and before any catalytic converters.

The tailpipe sniffers they use on the dyno do the same thing, but won't be as accurate since the exhaust has traveled through the whole system before reaching the sniffer.

+1 on above.

Users who are viewing this thread