Laguna Seca

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You need to try and get to the Ridge in Seattle then... wild elevation, beautiful track (much better than Laguna) then come up to Area27

I'd say make a western tour out of your trip if you can!

If I didn't have 4 kids, a business to run, and a VERY understanding wife... I'd love to do that. I just can't be gone long enough to make it a reality.

I'm going to end up hiring someone to haul trailer out to Laguna, I'll fly in Thursday night...drive Friday and Saturday...then fly home Saturday night.

blk02edge

Established Member
What's an extra few days! Haha

I'm jealous though, I was supposed to be at Laguna this year for the historics but can't make the time

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's an extra few days! Haha

I'm jealous though, I was supposed to be at Laguna this year for the historics but can't make the time

Extra few days, and another 2500 miles in driving...no sweat haha PASS

Meet me in Oakland and we'll drive to Laguna and you can crew my car :D

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm just going to say be careful then. A friend of mine rolled on that turn. Took it a little too hot trying to chase the next position.

That would be quite unfortunate. Haha

I can't imagine what it would take to get my car to roll though. I'll have somewhere between 1800-2000lbs of downforce at that point.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I've open tracked LS many times. I live about an hour north of the track. If you can, fly into San Jose instead of Cokeland. A great place to stay is anywhere in Carmel Valley. It's just up and over the Laureles Grade from the track, and is as nice as anywhere to stay. I'd recommend this place-> Carmel Valley Hotels | Bernardus Lodge | Official Website

The first time you head up the hill out of turn 6 and into turn 7 is a thrill. You really can't see what's ahead of you as your crest the hill. After you come out of the corkscrew, keep about 2/3 of the way to the right for best traction and line. There's a little bit of a hump in the track that you can use. They recently repaved the track so maybe that feature is not longer there.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you're going to LS might as well also go to Sonoma too! Love that track even more.

If your CC's splitter is lower than the gen V with a TA splitter than you will rub going down the corkscrew.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
You need to try and get to the Ridge in Seattle then... wild elevation, beautiful track (much better than Laguna) then come up to Area27

I'd say make a western tour out of your trip if you can!
Was there last week. It's a fun track. Pacific has a good amount of change too. Check out Oregon Raceway Park. Crazy rollers, blind off camber and a turn like a wall ride!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're going to LS might as well also go to Sonoma too! Love that track even more.

If your CC's splitter is lower than the gen V with a TA splitter than you will rub going down the corkscrew.

It'll be about the same...but I have a lot stiffer springs.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I did the 3 day school with Skip Barber last year. It is an amazing track. You will love it.

You still need to try Mosport GP!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're going downhill too is what I forgot to add. I think you'll rub, but its a racecar, if its perfect, it means it doesnt get driven hard! :D

For sure haha

I'll be at Ozark International next Fri-Sun... one of the last turns on the track is a dip down then steep climb, I think it'll be about the same angle as the bottom of the corkscrew. We'll see what happens.

blk02edge

Established Member
Was there last week. It's a fun track. Pacific has a good amount of change too. Check out Oregon Raceway Park. Crazy rollers, blind off camber and a turn like a wall ride!
I've done ORP running ccw, also incredibly fun

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
I’ve been there, such a fun track! Since you’re going in October, the weather might be a little misty. I haven’t gone since it was recently re-paved. I stayed at the Monterey Tides. I enjoyed the hotel, it’s located in front of the ocean. The first night they wouldn’t allow me to park my truck & trailer in the parking lot (place was packed), so I had to park in front of the hotel. Wasn’t too happy at first, but seemed like a decent enough area.

Wherever you stay, just make sure they’ve got enough room for your trailer. Best of luck!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’ve been there, such a fun track! Since you’re going in October, the weather might be a little misty. I haven’t gone since it was recently re-paved. I stayed at the Monterey Tides. I enjoyed the hotel, it’s located in front of the ocean. The first night they wouldn’t allow me to park my truck & trailer in the parking lot (place was packed), so I had to park in front of the hotel. Wasn’t too happy at first, but seemed like a decent enough area.

Wherever you stay, just make sure they’ve got enough room for your trailer. Best of luck!

Can't the trailer stay at the track?

Users who are viewing this thread